Home charging point

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I assume these installs wouldn't impact your home insurance if they were installed into the NIE box and caught fire or some other such issue?

If done sensibly, I wouldn't say there is any greater fire risk. If done well...in some respects you could maybe say there is less risk. Although chances of a fire starting in the external box and becoming any major problem, would seem unlikely.

Could the NIE maybe then try and pursue someone if they thought they installed something there and there was a fire....don't know.

But electrical contractors doing this 100% officially and even worse via government grant schemes etc.....they should be 100% by the book. And rightly so they should be held to account when found out they've ****ed up.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Yeah it’s the nearly black option, with the steel surround. Very happy with it. Feels such good quality, wee light inside the box when you open the lid.
Looks class (or cless if you’re from the East 😂 ) I’ve the nearly black front and surround ordered. Looking forward to getting mine in as the granny charger isn’t the quickest even for the wee battery in the Mini.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Had my Andersen installed yesterday, now just to get a car to plug it into.
F9430412-AF23-4296-8784-820834D2AA1B.jpeg

AA56D8F7-4055-49F0-A7A0-6B676DDDC0FF.jpeg

7BEA2EDE-7EBB-4EC2-A158-4778FB88987A.jpeg

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I’m struggling to get anyone to even quote me. Thinking of just buying a charger myself and get it installed by my regular electricians and forget about the grant.
Liking the look of Zappi as I would be tempted by a solar panel system as my garage has a big south facing roof.
I have a Zappi and it is an expensive but quality bit of kit that is largely future proof.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Anyone had dealings with EO?

My EO mini pro 2 was installed in March 2021 and I’ve been having intermittent problems with it ever since.

When my car is connected the LED pulses blue and it say so that there is no EV connected (it should turn green when it detects a car connected).

This is sometimes cured by either powering it off at the mains and turning back on after a couple of minutes or by resetting the WI-FI connection.

When neither of these solutions worked in October someone from EO was able to remotely detect corrupted firmware on the unit and updated it remotely.

This cured the problem for a month or so then I had the same problems again.
Powering the unit off and on again worked for a while but it’s now not working no matter what I do.

I have called EO half a dozen times in the past few weeks and every time the receptionist says a member of the technical team will be in touch and I’m still waiting for a response.

I have tried emailing them too but no response.

I’m getting towards the end of my tether with them and if the unit is faulty, which I’m assuming it is I’d like to get it replaced before the warranty ends.

I contacted the company who installed the unit (Design electrical - Duncrue) and all they did was email EO whilst CCing me in.

I’ve tried my cable in public chargers and it works so I’ve ruled out a faulty cable or any of the car settings causing issues.

What would be the best way to tackle this?
Never experienced customer service like it to be honest.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I was a bit dismissive of those due to the price of them, but do you know what they look super smart.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I was a bit dismissive of those due to the price of them, but do you know what they look super smart.
They’re dear but the quality is very good. I like the hidden cable and the discreet status lights. They’ve a big range of colours and even some timber finishes. The internals are no better than most of the other smart chargers out there but they’re much better looking. No earth rod required either so keeps the installation nice and clean.

If anyone is looking an installer I used these guys

Very happy with them 👍🏻

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Nice.

My metal badge has badly corroded with the sea air, Andersen have sent me a replacement, need to get it installed.

How long have you had it installed?

Mines in a month and the aluminium is badly oxidising and I’m nowhere near the sea. I’m going to contact Andersen to see what they have to say. We didn’t pay for a premium charge point to have to change the cover every 4 weeks.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
How long have you had it installed?

Mines in a month and the aluminium is badly oxidising and I’m nowhere near the sea. I’m going to contact Andersen to see what they have to say. We didn’t pay for a premium charge point to have to change the cover every 4 weeks.

It was only installed two weeks when the alu badge started to go.

I have the replacement here, but I’m going to stick a coat of Gyeon Mohs on it before fitting, hopefully that’ll preserve it.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
It was only installed two weeks when the alu badge started to go.

I have the replacement here, but I’m going to stick a coat of Gyeon Mohs on it before fitting, hopefully that’ll preserve it.
I was thinking something the same, maybe lacquer it or something. But we really shouldn’t have to, it’s very poor from Andersen.