Home charging point

Lexx

RMS Regular
Drives
German Scrap
We install EO mini Pro units, quite like them, have installed tethered and untethered each has its benefits and drawbacks, we got EO certification this year, without it the units are not warranty'd, not able to process grants as not NICEAC registered, any questions i'll try and help, especially EO related.
Install2.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
We install EO mini Pro units, quite like them, have installed tethered and untethered each has its benefits and drawbacks, we got EO certification this year, without it the units are not warranty'd, not able to process grants as not NICEAC registered, any questions i'll try and help, especially EO related.
View attachment 351808
I was looking at these as they’re small and discreet but was put off by the need for an earth rod

Lexx

RMS Regular
Drives
German Scrap
I was looking at these as they’re small and discreet but was put off by the need for an earth rod
they dont necessarily need an earth rod, can use a Garo unit same as this one

Attachments

• Install3.jpeg
    Install3.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 86

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

As was covered in many posts before...there's pretty much no way the ones with an earth rod, would actually comply with the regs anyway. Even if people are chucking them in and wandering off.

Lexx

RMS Regular
Drives
German Scrap
I'm not touting for work btw, its industrial sparking we do, we're flat out currently and definitely not looking for more, we got asked to do a few by existing customers, we chose EO after looking closely at a few suppliers and I like the look of the Mini Pro, i'd change a few things internally to make install easier if I could, but overall we're happy with the product and the support we have got from EO, the EO course was quite interesting on the back of the other EV Courses, tech support has always been good, we've had 1 faulty unit which was replaced quickly, without drama.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Has anyone had a home charger installed in Bangor?

@Deezer-D did you go with MSQ that @Woodcutter recommended? Just wondering how far they’ll travel.

I’ll pick up the phone to any recommendations tomorrow :cool: (y)

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Speak to Cody, she does all the bookings and will send you the links to fill the claim form in 👍🏻

That’s great thanks, always better to have a name. Think I’m cutting it fine with the 31st March date for installation re claiming but fingers crossed (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
That’s great thanks, always better to have a name. Think I’m cutting it fine with the 31st March date for installation re claiming but fingers crossed (y)
Might be ok if it’s booked? Ask anyway but I think they were busy with installs due to people trying to get in before the grants close.
What charger are you going for? I know the Andersen are a factory order and have a 2 week lead time. They do have a good stock of Wallbox chargers though

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Might be ok if it’s booked? Ask anyway but I think they were busy with installs due to people trying to get in before the grants close.
What charger are you going for? I know the Andersen are a factory order and have a 2 week lead time. They do have a good stock of Wallbox chargers though

I’ve very limited knowledge of it all but pretty sure it needs to be fitted and all by 31st. Bad timing by me.

I’m not overly committed to one box over another as it’ll be going on the garage at the side of the house (thankfully only 3-4ft from the consumer unit). It’s set quite far back so aesthetics aren’t as important. More interested in anything that’s good quality and in stock at this rate.

Your Andersen one does look very smart, especially when it’s right beside your front door.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
I’ve very limited knowledge of it all but pretty sure it needs to be fitted and all by 31st. Bad timing by me.

I’m not overly committed to one box over another as it’ll be going on the garage at the side of the house (thankfully only 3-4ft from the consumer unit). It’s set quite far back so aesthetics aren’t as important. More interested in anything that’s good quality and in stock at this rate.

Your Andersen one does look very smart, especially when it’s right beside your front door.
Yes 31st March is last day for the £350 home EV charger grant and we can’t hear of anymore grants for NI coming.

We’ve installed a good view chargers now and Zappi definitely would get my vote out of anything we’ve done.

I can’t comment on the Anderson stuff but it does look very smart and well finished

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Yes 31st March is last day for the £350 home EV charger grant and we can’t hear of anymore grants for NI coming.

We’ve installed a good view chargers now and Zappi definitely would get my vote out of anything we’ve done.

I can’t comment on the Anderson stuff but it does look very smart and well finished

Thanks for the info. I’m well beyond being able to get one in by 31st as anyone I’ve spoken with has been booked up since Jan/Feb.

The Zappi stuff looks good and was recommended to me for use with the solar panels etc. I’ll just be letting the dust settle from everyone else getting them fitted before 31st and then booking one in (y)

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Thanks for the info. I’m well beyond being able to get one in by 31st as anyone I’ve spoken with has been booked up since Jan/Feb.

The Zappi stuff looks good and was recommended to me for use with the solar panels etc. I’ll just be letting the dust settle from everyone else getting them fitted before 31st and then booking one in (y)
My Zappi is doing sterling work this weather and means I am driving about with virtually zero fuel costs in the good weather apart from when I go down south. I did a run to Slieve League cliffs in South Donegal today and the charging infrastructure is so much better than ours. Stopped at the rapid just outside Donegal town and was able to get a full charge in the time it took us to get a cup of tea, snack and toilet break whilst sitting in the sun.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
My Zappi is doing sterling work this weather and means I am driving about with virtually zero fuel costs in the good weather apart from when I go down south. I did a run to Slieve League cliffs in South Donegal today and the charging infrastructure is so much better than ours. Stopped at the rapid just outside Donegal town and was able to get a full charge in the time it took us to get a cup of tea, snack and toilet break whilst sitting in the sun.

If all goes well then @Crxpete has been able to help to swing a tethered Zappi for me next week.

@Lexx also gave really good advice too.

RMS help FTW

1648244171495.gif

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Seems reasonable. Can still be changed so most likely make no difference at all, I'm sure the vast majority of home charger is done off peak.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I would say so, but it's early days yet. And despite many saying the grid can handle it all...clearly this is a sign it cannot. And it is very very early days.

Although the hacking side of it as an attack is a new one.

big cyril

RMS Regular
The proposals make sense, only ever charge off peak anyway so zero difference in practice.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
If charging off your solar and not drawing from grid you should still be able to charge during peak hours though?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
You’d hope so otherwise it would make some of the solar installs a bit redundant.