Honda Accord Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
set of springs would make a real difference to this
After I get her through her MOT I’ll be looking at a set of springs for it.

Only offerings I can find are 30mm to 35mm drop from both Eibach and H&R.

I could go coilover’s but I can’t afford anything decent for it. Tein’s for example are £700-£800. My experience with cheap ones isn’t great, albeit I’ve only had two cars with coilovers lol.

Maybe the 30’s with a set of 17” wheels might make it look better.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
That said, I’ve just spotted these on the auld bay of e

Now, before some nerd says “eh, these for a type r and yours isn’t a type r”, I’m well aware of that and I’ve done a cross reference check on shocks and springs for the type r and my Sport and the part numbers are exactly the same, so they should fit with no issues.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That said, I’ve just spotted these on the auld bay of e

Now, before some nerd says “eh, these for a type r and yours isn’t a type r”, I’m well aware of that and I’ve done a cross reference check on shocks and springs for the type r and my Sport and the part numbers are exactly the same, so they should fit with no issues.

I've Tein on the Swift. Great jobs. Absolutely savage on the road though :joy:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Springs are grand, though how much life is left in the shocks?
Who really knows the answer to that question lol. To be fair I’ve yet to run my eye over stuff like that for the MOT. I obviously casually looked over it when I was getting the car and there was nothing obvious then. The only other areas I looked at was the underbody for rust when I was under it replacing the exhaust system. Other than oil and filter changes I haven’t paid any attention to the other components.

I’m dealing with a bad IBS flare up at the moment so I won’t get under her for a few days yet.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Who really knows the answer to that question lol. To be fair I’ve yet to run my eye over stuff like that for the MOT. I obviously casually looked over it when I was getting the car and there was nothing obvious then. The only other areas I looked at was the underbody for rust when I was under it replacing the exhaust system. Other than oil and filter changes I haven’t paid any attention to the other components.

I’m dealing with a bad IBS flare up at the moment so I won’t get under her for a few days yet.
I know what you mean.

Because stuff was so cheap, and I like having peace of mind, I have replaced quite a few bits that I maybe didn't have to. Like lower arms, more because they were very rusty than the bushes or ball joints being worn.

I have a set of H&R springs (which I went for after much internal debate, as the Eibachs only lower mine 15mm) but have decided not to put them on until I am replacing the front dampers, simply because I couldn't be arsed taking them on and off again. I hate using spring compressers. I have already done the rear dampers for Bilsteins due to the old dampers being rusty as feck.

Suspension on the Astra at the rear is super simple torsion beam setup, so changing the springs there is a doddle. The dampers took 5 mins a side :-D

I noticed the Accord is coils on dampers all round, unluckly :grinning:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yea @roverspeed the Accord is on macpherson style struts all round. Double wishbone set up on the front, not sure about the exact setup on the rear.

Overall it makes for a decent handling car.

And yea I get your point on the struts, I might check on Autodoc to see how cheap I can get a full set of shocks for it. Eibach’s are £135 from Autodoc and the H&R’s are a tenner dearer.

Well, just to back up my own thoughts that I’m not up to crawling under the car…..

The postie has just been and delivered the tailgate struts. Thought to myself, 5min job this, be a piece of pee….

F**k that tailgate is heavy!!!!!!!!

Anyway, crusty old ones out…..

C50C180E-D327-41D6-BE82-D2C48020E533.jpeg

And shiney new ones in, forgive the Sun flare lol:

8411369C-4551-414B-8260-909241ACE792.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Nearly always change the shocks when I’m doing springs unless the car is on really low miles or they’ve been done recently. Top mounts also 🙈🙈🙈
Yea I normally replace top mounts when changing springs or shocks.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
If that’s not reason to keep it and tidy it up I don’t know what is. Lowered, spoiler, wheels tidied and enjoy it
I think you’re right. My wife isn’t keen on the white wheels, but she’s never been in the car lol. I think I like the white wheels myself. Though I know @weeloaney would maybe talk me out of it lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I think you’re right. My wife isn’t keen on the white wheels, but she’s never been in the car lol. I think I like the white wheels myself. Though I know @weeloaney would maybe talk me out of it lol
It’s fine, they soon change colour themselves. Can either be white, smoked grey or brown depending of circumstances.

D2AFB4CC-4078-43F9-BA31-FE8A37EB6374.jpeg

F3E4413A-2E90-450D-A2A8-E30382A31BC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.