Honda Accord Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I love the white wheels, but sensible me days graphite.

Pity the type r is so rare, the front bumpers look lovely

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I love the white wheels, but sensible me days graphite.

Pity the type r is so rare, the front bumpers look lovely
The type r that @Chris0 posted is a pre facelift model.

The facelift models were much more sedate in their styling and use the same bumpers that are on my Sport. Facelift models also dropped the black rimmed headlights. Only the spoiler and the seats remained in terms of styling on the facelift type r’s.

I could do a pre facelift conversion and get the more aggressively styled front bumper, but I don’t believe the hatchback and saloon share the same rear bumpers, I’d need to look into that a bit more.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Bronze looks nice against red. Only saying :innocent:

And definitely get that spoiler on :cool:
The thoughts also crossed my mind 🤐

14304761-B7A1-4D6A-A255-486CD92A1EF0.jpeg

You were only about 15mins away from me as well then lol
Brother had a private appointment in Fortwilliam dental and couldn’t drive after.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The type r that @Chris0 posted is a pre facelift model.

The facelift models were much more sedate in their styling and use the same bumpers that are on my Sport. Facelift models also dropped the black rimmed headlights. Only the spoiler and the seats remained in terms of styling on the facelift type r’s.

I could do a pre facelift conversion and get the more aggressively styled front bumper, but I don’t believe the hatchback and saloon share the same rear bumpers, I’d need to look into that a bit more.
Ah ha I see.

Can the black headlight surround be done on the facelift??

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Ah ha I see.

Can the black headlight surround be done on the facelift??
Possibly, looks like the headlights can be separated, but I’d like to get a spare set first. I could fit the pre face headlights, but the type r pre face had xenons as standard.still an option, would just have to pop them out at MOT time.

I’ve looked on the Honda parts website since that post and it seems both hatch and saloon use the same rear bumpers. So doing a retrofit with the nicer preface bumpers could be an option!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Possibly, looks like the headlights can be separated, but I’d like to get a spare set first. I could fit the pre face headlights, but the type r pre face had xenons as standard.still an option, would just have to pop them out at MOT time.

I’ve looked on the Honda parts website since that post and it seems both hatch and saloon use the same rear bumpers. So doing a retrofit with the nicer preface bumpers could be an option!
Cough Cough

Time to sell a kid :-D

Acutally just thinking, thats amazing. It only had a 4 year model span, and a facelift after 2 years! mental

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
I was doing my usual checks for something for the wife, came across the Accord again.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
@PDK I’m after another estate car, something maybe a little fresher, preferably something German but I’d be open to other decent (in my eyes) estate cars.

Something like a 3 series (I know, I know), A4 Avant, V70 or maybe a V40 etc….

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.