honda accord type R opinions pro's/cons

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
Drives
yaris t-sport
Ive been on the look out for a good 5dr car for a while now.
I came across a few atr recently, anyone know what to look out for etc..

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
not just 5th gear 1st and reverse too , idle control valves droplinks rear bearings smoke on the tec and general sh1te mpg ... this all said tho theyre a fab car , i just could never get comfy in the recaros for some reason

brendy

RMS Regular
not just 5th gear 1st and reverse too , idle control valves droplinks rear bearings smoke on the tec and general sh1te mpg ... this all said tho theyre a fab car , i just could never get comfy in the recaros for some reason

Yup, refusing reverse is a royal pain, guy I used to work with had a nice example but the gearbox just ruined it for him, especially when parked nose to nose with another car in a carpark and no reverse.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Cousin had a few of these. As said not going into reverse is a very common prob. Cool car, sound and look great and great interiors in them though.

Revogti

RMS Regular
Drives
????
nice car, as said gearboxes are a big issue with them getting older! mk2 Octavia VRS 2.0T's are going for 4k over the water now - I would try and find the money for one of those, cracking car!

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
I get 30mpg or just short of that in mine. all its needed in 3 yrs has been drop links, brake caliper and a crank pully bolt, and an injector.

j44nty

RMS Regular
this plus rear calipers seize but they are still worth every penny they sell for honda put a serious effort into that specific h22.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.