Honda CBR600RR-4

AndyG

RMS Regular
Thought I’d post up a few pictures of my first bike, see if anyone has any tips or advice on keeping it good etc..

Very clean wee bike, seems to have been well looked after by previous owners!

Has a few extras on it which really help the look of it:

Carbon rear hugger
Carbon Tank protector
Carbon fuel cap cover
Carbon Yoke cover
Zero gravity tinted screen
LED rear tail light
R&G tail tidy
R&G bobbins
OEM seat cowl
Rear pegs removed
Smaller front and back indicators
Supersprox stealth sprocket
Yoshimura Rs-5 carbon exhaust

It’s a factory pearl yellow colour which is really hard to photograph, the tank picture shows how deep t is but in most photos it looks really pale

Wax treating it with ACF-50 today so thought I’d take a few snaps..

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
Looks well Andy maybe all the newbies could get a run out when the sun comes out.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Had always loved these and I want one, never seen a yellow one before! Looks class.

Amazing what a simple seat cowl and tail tidy does.

Take it handy and enjoy.

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
Thanks guys! The yellow is certainly different, really like it!

Ride out when the weather improves sounds good to me, only been out in it once for an hour so far. Am I supposed to have R plates on it for my first year?

Went to Crossans today so that me sorted with all the stuff.. Unreal place if anyone has never been!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It was there when I left home ,that bloody wind has blown it off again was my favourite line .after being stopped about the 10th time the same cop told me to wise the f up lol do you think I don’t ride bikes myself .the fecker got me proper in the end though and I don’t have my license anymore lets say haha.i was raging as I only got mentioned on page 2 of the Belfast telly not the front page at the time .:monkey:.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Cracking first bike buddy. Yellow and carbon looks ace!

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
I thought I had read somewhere about R plates but your not restricted to 45mph.

Suppose it would help people understand if your going slow or something like that.. not even sure where i could mount a R plate :confounded:

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Yes,no 45mph or BHP/KW restriction with direct access, but R plates displayed for 1 year.

£60 and 2 points if it ever becomes an issue

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
Friend of mine owned this. Smashing wee bike, I’d have loved it myself! Can’t beat a yellow Honda :heart_eyes:

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
Looks well Andy what helmet etc did you buy
Got an AGV K5-S out of crossans.. the rest of my gear I’ve been buying since doing my test all turned out to be RST stuff cause it’s a real nice fit and very comfortable, needa cut back on the fast food before I buy full leathers : unamused:

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
B315B63E-379C-47D5-8E98-B6BC84BF3483.jpeg
Nice mate they sorted me out when I wrecked my arai and rst are all I use brilliant gear that’s my new ones for this season

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
It's very true that learning only begins after the test, pretty much everything is done differently when you've no instructor

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
You got a dry spell today?! I got my arse soaked and I was only standing looking at a bike. That bike is something else in yellow!

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
It's very true that learning only begins after the test, pretty much everything is done differently when you've no instructor

100% it’s one thing to have some in your ear making sure your good but on your own it’s totally different.. very very fun but a bit scary at the same time

You got a dry spell today?! I got my arse soaked and I was only standing looking at a bike. That bike is something else in yellow!
No mate was yesterday, rain has been on all day today sadly :sweat:

Supposed to be an ok day tomorrow though!