Honda civic project's

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
Here's a wee project i began but at the beginning of the summer. Due to personal reasons its taken a bit longer than expected to complete. But anyway

20190625_203155.jpg

acquired the car through a friend ,although it has been a bit of a whore with many owners in its time.

Car came with a blown d15b7 engine, that engine wasn't in the car long once i took ownership.

Someones tried to wrap it horribly in matt black at some stage and has had lets say an amateurs attempt at giving it a lovely colour of purple.

Last edited:

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Coupe number 2, well its my baby to be honest had a it a while now. Doesnt look like anything due to neglect it has got these past years.

20190326_104558.jpg

But this car has taken me on some adventures.

Picked the shell up for £100 about 6 or 7 years back would to check the logbook to be sure.

Its original colour was paradise green, i dont know why i let my friend talk me into doing it matt black.cheap at the time i suppose

Last edited:

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
I picked up a b16a2 engine cheap which had some internal damage, spend a few pound getting it put back together (replacement cylinder head and cams, honda gasket, head bolts etc). Had it fitted in a dc2 i had picked up of thumper, but decided to stick it in this instead.

20190326_104446.jpg

98spec manifold fitted another thumper buy
20190326_104455.jpg

Threw on an EK9 intake manifold for good measure
20190326_104502.jpg

How the hswap was looking a few weeks back, been meaning to paint the engine bay but keep getting side tracked

20191127_075308.jpg

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Bound to go well with a h22, needs different mounts and things iirc from my Honda days? I could be wrong though.

Don’t see many of those Preludes about now, though ironically I saw a blue VTi last week on Lisburn road for first time in yonks. Always fancied one of the white JDM Type S models

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Ooooh I like this!! The H series is so underrated. Straight H swap mate? When do you think you’ll have it done?

Yes. its a straight hswap just cant justify paying out for the h2b conversion kit when you can just drop final drive in for half the price.

Its been hswap for few years now, think its coming on 6 in july, just need to get it put back together.

Bound to go well with a h22, needs different mounts and things iirc from my Honda days? I could be wrong though.

Don’t see many of those Preludes about now, though ironically I saw a blue VTi last week on Lisburn road for first time in yonks. Always fancied one of the white JDM Type S models

The mounts i went with at the time were hasport purchased from icetronix in the south.

As regards to preludes the SIR S-spec would be my perfect choice, less hassle as it never came with the ATTS.

8 years ago I sourced my engine from a flipped Type S just outside Newcastle, picked the full car up for handy money at the time.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
Yes. its a straight hswap just cant justify paying out for the h2b conversion kit when you can just drop final drive in for half the price.

Its been hswap for few years now, think its coming on 6 in july, just need to get it put back together.

Yeah that’s a similar set up to mine mate, straight H, 4.64 final drive. Would love to drive/run against an h2b to see how the two set ups compare. Be good to see yours out again, not enough H swaps about.