Honda Civic Type R FL5

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Think i spotted you coming down the dual carriage away towards Ballymena yesterday? If so, it looks great on the move!

David Patterson

RMS Regular
OP
David Patterson
Drives
Honda Type R
Lol yes saw that although fl5 performed pretty well in fairness. The carwow vids are interesting to a point especially if you are interested in traffic light races. Thankfully more to cars than 0-60 times such as setup, handling, seating, engine response, tech, gear shift, exterior aesthetics etc

I had a FK2 for nearly 7 years and loved it. Crazy in its rawness so not surprised how it performed and I also loved its looks. If you ask me would I go back to an FK2 after the FL5 that would be a no. The CTR has just moved on in fairness and been improved as it should.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah he seems to have this niche all to himself but its just another aspect of driving compared to track to show what the car is capable of and against any of its predecessors

CurtisG

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Stunning mate!

I was dying for one but the price was too much for me personally unless I wanted to live in it lol.

However I’m still a massive fan as I just adored the FK8 (mainly for its looks).

By all reviews it seems to be the best ever Petrol FWD hot hatch.

David Patterson

RMS Regular
OP
David Patterson
Drives
Honda Type R
Double post
Yeah he seems to have this niche all to himself but its just another aspect of driving compared to track to show what the car is capable of and against any of its predecessors
It works for him as he gets the viewers and to be fair they are entertaining. Matt was one of the few critics who actually rated the FK2 on release and bought one for himself so he was always ok in my book!

Gambit

RMS Regular
actually got my first sight of one (may have been yours? East Belfast?) over the weekend and was taken aback just how wide/menacing they look - pictures really dont do them justice i dont think

David Patterson

RMS Regular
OP
David Patterson
Drives
Honda Type R
Stunning mate!

I was dying for one but the price was too much for me personally unless I wanted to live in it lol.

However I’m still a massive fan as I just adored the FK8 (mainly for its looks).

By all reviews it seems to be the best ever Petrol FWD hot hatch.
Thanks. It is pricey and I have been saving for a few years as this was the car I wanted, interesting though in the car wow vid that the price increase from FN2 to FK2 was also 12k (and I should know as I had both).

Test drove the FK8 a few times but didn’t feel it was enough of a step up from the FK2 in performance and I personally preferred looks of the FK2. Great car to drive though and I am sure to own.
actually got my first sight of one (may have been yours? East Belfast?) over the weekend and was taken aback just how wide/menacing they look - pictures really dont do them justice i dont think
Yes that was me. You will be seeing it a lot if you live in the area! Yeah love the stance and agree it looks menacing from the front. A lot lower than people would think as well in reality surprised me anyway.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Yes that was me. You will be seeing it a lot if you live in the area! Yeah love the stance and agree it looks menacing from the front. A lot lower than people would think as well in reality surprised me anyway.
going to put 2 & 2 together here and probably get 5 lol - that wasn't your black fk2 that sits down at murdocks?

David Patterson

RMS Regular
OP
David Patterson
Drives
Honda Type R
No definitely not mine and the FK2 was sold on to a guy in Birmingham. It was weird or maybe not but I had no interest at all in the FK2 from NI but could have sold it multiple times over to England. Are those types of car not sought after here anymore?

David Patterson

RMS Regular
OP
David Patterson
Drives
Honda Type R
Just a quick update as I have now passed the break in period which due to the crap weather took longer than anticipated. Being able to use the car as was intended has been brilliant, and the car feels rapid and actually quite edgy in the corners. Definitely some play as there was in the fk2 which has been a pleasant surprise. Really enjoying the experience.

Some negatives are the safety features which go off constantly and there doesn’t seem to be any permanent way to switch off. Also the audio system is terrible but hoping to sort out that issue with audio advice soon. The rear doors are very thin and are a culprit for the road noise so will need sound deadening. Also the illumination pack upgrade for the doors is frankly s**t and a huge disappointment but in now.

Just picked up the Prestiege mats which I am not sure I will use as the all wether mats are a tidy job.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Were you in this around Downpatrick at 4pm today? Looked nice and great road presence despite being heavily toned down from previous generation

David Patterson

RMS Regular
OP
David Patterson
Drives
Honda Type R
Were you in this around Downpatrick at 4pm today? Looked nice and great road presence despite being heavily toned down from previous generation
Yes that was me. I was out for a run although the roads were all quite busy so not much of a chance to have a proper blast.

Kproctor22

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M240i
Just seen this at Knockbracken… had admired the black one you had before but didn’t realise it was on here. Looks great😍