Honda Crx EF7

bob

RMS Regular
That is stunning, great purchase. Even a nice alcantara wheel would look great. I had an EF 16v many moons ago and it was a great wee thing to go and rev, pity Honda doesn’t make them like that anymore!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I had 2 CRX VTec's back in 90's and I thought they where amaze balls..........................brilliant to look at, brilliant engine, good to be in.

Then I bought a 95 Prelude Vtec and discovered that cars didn't have to have terrible steering and suspension so I sold the CRX!

I did have a mad idea of buying another CRX just a year ago and looked at 2 good ones but couldn't warm to them. I just wouldn't enjoy driving it and decided that there's no point buying one then.

Will always have good memories of them though, I'll just keep them as that.

PDM

RMS Regular
Drives
my wife nuts
Those Crx's were just brilliant back in the day, had 2 as well, both VTEc's it was the way they revved & went, such fun.
Evo's red looks like its out of the box, HTD.

@Jethro, your white one wouldn't have been AAZ by any chance?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Very nice example. Pretty rare these days. Back when I started driving you used to see plenty, not anymore.

Although personally I can't see the point of having a car you don't drive, all you are doing is keeping it nice for the next owner to enjoy. I get not wanting it to deteriorate, but dry weather only drives even if its only 500 miles a year won't show any noticeable difference nor add enough miles to make it worth less, plus it actually good for them to be used while at them same time fulfilling the purpose of the car.

Then I bought a 95 Prelude Vtec and discovered that cars didn't have to have terrible steering and suspension so I sold the CRX!
Surprised at you saying this, I haven't driven CRXs all that much, but my Civic EF is basically the same car and I love the steering on that and there are certainly no issues with the suspension as long as you don't go for something too hard.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
If its old and Jap I love it lol

A mate of mine had one of these when we where in our teens and it cost him 750 quid lol good luck paying that now even for a rough one!

This looks absolutely mint though😍

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Well lads just put this car up for sale as I seen another car I want. £9000 if anyone’s interested wats app me please on 07734391884. Thanks

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
If you're not really using it then its no loss. At least with the price these go for these days you know whoever buys it will be looking after it. Is the replacement going to be a garage ornament or something to be used a bit?

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Didn’t take long. CRX is away. If anyone knows of a 2 door version 6 Impreza let me know. Preferably blue V limited.

@EF Ian I might actually drive this one about depending on the condition i get It in. 😂

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Didn’t take long. CRX is away. If anyone knows of a 2 door version 6 Impreza let me know. Preferably blue V limited.
That was quick at that price, just shows the demand is there for something in great condition that is rare.

Often been asked to sell the EF, but I am unable to part with it yet, at least values are good and not depreciating. Still fancy taking it to bare metal but couldn't handle costs like the Datsun again. However I am confident theres only a few places where it would actually need any metalwork. If I do it I will likely blast it, get any metalwork needed done by a pro and then do the rest myself.

@EF Ian I might actually drive this one about depending on the condition i get It in. 😂
Great stuff, you only love once.