Honda e

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Seems well built and fun to drive, but relatively short range is definitely a limitation. I imagine it will sell well in the big cities like London and Tokyo and so on where it's great for that kind of short range driving.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
How does that work for MOT etc then?
Don't know for sure, but I know the new leaf has a brake pedal for agressive/emergency braking. OR maybe the regen is enough if they press the accelerator pedal to let the rollers turn and then lift off to brake.

I would guess it's like an extreme version of my Outlander PHEV where you can vary from level B0 (coasting) to level B5 full regen. It's possible to drive around smoothly in level 5 and rarely need touch the brake pedal until you're coming to a complete stop. Level B2 is similar to a normal car's engine braking.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Absolutely right folks, you have the choice in how you drive it.

You can use the brake pedal and drive relatively normally, or use the one pedal and use the flappy paddles on the steering wheel to increase or decrease the brake regen.

You can see the brake pedal here at 4:44 he does actually discuss the brake regen too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I love this, lol, love the retro cues.

Camera instead of mirrors and all the screens inside would do my head in, but that's modern cars for you. Everyone going that way, not because it's better (it just isn't) but because it's cheaper to manufacture.

Range is spot on for a city car and daily commuter. Bigger range = more batteries and weight and cost, more isn't always better. For regular longer journeys or hauling stuff/people this probably wouldn't be the right car anyway.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I like how you can play Nintendo while charging.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What's the betting someone stuffs all the technical gubbins into a 70s Civic shell, as soon as these come out? That would be cool. :grinning:

They already are.

Several "restomod" places in America putting electric drivetrains into classic cars.

In the UK too, see if I can find it. Among other things there was an electric DB4 if memory serves. Which is kind of like buying a Metallica record and then turning the volume off on the stereo, but hey :innocent: šŸ˜…

It's all at the upper end though, the cost of those conversions are not ... affordable, cough.

Edit: Some UK links from a quick google. Apparently Jag and Aston will also happily make electric conversions for your classics :innocent:

'Sensible' end:

The other end:

Electric DB4:

Last edited: