Honda e

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I think this looks great. I love the dumpy front / rear lights.

More of an i3 competitor though.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
It's certainly an interesting design, they've taken a lot of cues from their Urban EV concept from a couple of years ago - which in itself seemed to have taken some retro cues from the lates 70s model Civics. I had a '79 Civic once upon a time so always have a soft spot for that shape :laughing:

1579280393038.png

1579280423464.png

Attachments

• 1579280410622.png
    1579280410622.png
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 67

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Good shout man, you are quite right in their design cues.

Hopefully the hello and cat faces in the front grill don't make it to production :worried: .

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Interior looks more like something from a home design magazine than a car. Do like some of the other design touches though

1579280665477.png

1579280786944.png

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I thought the interior looked very similar (with the wood trim) to some of the i3s. I guess it's trying to show it's so environmentally friendly.

The rear lights look like wee afterburners.

It would do the job as a cool wee daily.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I like it, base spec is just over £26k though!

I think it only has one pedal like the new Leaf

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Love it and would have bought one but the price and poor residuals for PCP means it just doesn’t make sense

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Cool looking little car. Do the government still offer grants / incentives towards the purchase of EV's? If so, how is it worked out? Is it a percentage of the RRP, a set figure or something else?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Cool looking little car. Do the government still offer grants / incentives towards the purchase of EV's? If so, how is it worked out? Is it a percentage of the RRP, a set figure or something else?
I think they have cut back on the grants.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Yeah, a city car was an odd choice (albeit better than the soft-roader shapes every other EV seems to be the first foray by every other manufacturer) and I like its cues back to the old 70s civic, but I would have thought they would start at the supermini/mid sized hatch market first. That being said, Honda are very late to the EV party so anything from them is welcome at this stage.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Yeah, a city car was an odd choice (albeit better than the soft-roader shapes every other EV seems to be the first foray by every other manufacturer) and I like its cues back to the old 70s civic, but I would have thought they would start at the supermini/mid sized hatch market first. That being said, Honda are very late to the EV party so anything from them is welcome at this stage.
I've only driven a couple of BMW i3's and they are currently the only EV I'd consider as all the others just look awful to my eyes but this Honda and the VW Id3 will be on my list.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I agree @mike150 . I've been lucky to be out in quite a few of them and I too am a big fan of the i3.

Real information on the ID3 is lacking, but yes they should do it well. Though I'd imagine there is quite a bit of pressure on VW to do it well.

I found the Golf e a bit of a parts bin special, not in a good way. It just felt and looked like a base Golf adapted to suit.

Interesting times!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
It doesn't have a lot of range, space or performance for the asking price so the only real attraction is the individual design which I do like particularly the dash.

Nice but I think the VW ID3 will kill it depending on its price point.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
It doesn't have a lot of range, space or performance for the asking price so the only real attraction is the individual design which I do like particularly the dash.

Nice but I think the VW ID3 will kill it depending on its price point.

I think my brother finally got some information through from VW on the ID3... I will see if he has any info...