Honda Hornet 600

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
This beauty finally arrived after waiting on it for a couple of weeks.

Its so much lighter than my previous HJC lid.
Wanted to get myself a good helmet so ended up going for this HJC RPHA 11 Carbon, i have to say its even nicer in hand than the photos show and came with a tinted visor along with a Pinlock insert too 😊
20220302_190742.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thats nice, I need a new lid myself. Was looking at Shark Spartan GT Carbon with pinlock visor and slide down sun visor. Will take a look at the HJC also.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
This beauty finally arrived after waiting on it for a couple of weeks.

Its so much lighter than my previous HJC lid.
Wanted to get myself a good helmet so ended up going for this HJC RPHA 11 Carbon, i have to say its even nicer in hand than the photos show and came with a tinted visor along with a Pinlock insert too 😊
My Mrs has a RPHA10 from a few years back and it's pretty lightweight, so I'm sure this is even lighter. Good looking helmet.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Thats nice, I need a new lid myself. Was looking at Shark Spartan GT Carbon with pinlock visor and slide down sun visor. Will take a look at the HJC also.

I had the HJC i70 and it had the slide visor and that was a great helmet but this is a step up all round, fit is really snug and very light.
I tried on every brand in Infinity and for me HJC was a perfect fit.

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
I was fine with the change. The low down grunt was what I loved most. No need to rev the nuts off it.... Just ride the wave of torque and make easy progress. I got a Z750 after the RR.. it was fun.... But one of the best bikes I rode was a VFR800. Half way between sitting up and being on your wrists and hilarious VTEC induction roar.

Try one if you get a chance..

Listen to the glorious Honda V4 with headphones in!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Bought new brakes for the Hornet, new EBC front/rear pads along with a new EBC rear disc.
All fitted and brakes are top notch.
Clocked over 1100 mile on it now and have to say ive no complaints so far!
Screenshot_20220328-144220_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220328-144331_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220328-144308_Gallery.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Nice. Not cheap I am sure, I wanted to stick these all round on the BM, but at £165 per disc I will wait a bit longer.

Listen to the glorious Honda V4 with headphones in!
That does sound great, love the crossover. Would like to give one of those a go.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Nice. Not cheap I am sure, I wanted to stick these all round on the BM, but at £165 per disc I will wait a bit longer.

Got it all for under £150 but well worth the money, the EBC stuff along with the braided hoses has really improved the braking.
So ofcourse i had to bed the brakes in so a run to Newcastle on Friday after work with a stop off at Dundrod then up the coast on sunday just to be sure 😇
Screenshot_20220328-145001_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220328-145013_Gallery.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Looks like a cracking day for a ride and a great bike for a longer relaxed journey.. Wish I could jump on my bike now. I've still just over a month left before I can get home and get out, will be one of the first things I do.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Screenshot_20220424-164630_Gallery.jpg

Around 1700 mile done so far this year, the bike has been absolutely flawless and very comfortable on the long rides.

BUT 🙈 Im really considering selling the Hornet as have a real itch for a (07-08 model) Honda 600RR as its been my dream bike.

Just testing the water as i am still really enjoying Hornet but if anyone is interested give me a shout.
I will maybe fire it up on autotrader/gumtree to see if any interest.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Good to see you’ve been enjoying it. Has to be the best example hornet in the country and has had an easy life.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Good to see you’ve been enjoying it. Has to be the best example hornet in the country and has had an easy life.

The bike has been a joy, its in such great condition and if it did sell id be sad to see it go but really want a 600RR.

Although im in no panic to sell and more than happy to keep it, id love to have both bikes in the shed but dont think the wife would 🤣

Reactions: ALN

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Well that's the Hornet away to its new owner.

It will sit in a collection of afew other honda & suzuki bikes along with a couple of Porkers.

The buyer was an older gentleman and he was very fussy but even he said he was amazed by the condition the bike is is!

It was a great bike for me to get started with and now onto the next one 🤫

Excited to see the new bike when it aRRives. 🤣

Will update when it lands!

20220509_193623.jpg

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Amazing, have you ridden it yet? They are a hard bike to beat

Not yet, only got a quick look around it when Ady dropped it off to me, then when u got homefrom work it was pouring down. Although im over the moon with it.

Seriously cant wait to get out on it, ive it fuelled and ready to go!
I will start a new thread tomorrow after i get a go on it and get it all cleaned up for photos.

Been my dream bike since my late teens so im absolutely buzzing to have finally got one!

The shopping list is growing for it 🙈😂