Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mk3GolfTDI

RMS Regular
Basically lookin a bit of info in these cars - pros and cons, etc.
What are they like to drive?
What's the vtec engine like? (i've never even been in a vtec, nevermind driven one)
And what are other peoples experiences of these?
Got a bit of money gathered together and this is one of my short listed cars. Thanks, Andrew

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Mark Stuart used to have one "marky" on here, it was very sharp indeed!!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
They are nice driving cars - not just as quick as some of the 1.6/1.8 vtec stuff but more refined and the extra wedge of torque is nice. They are very cheap to buy so you have your pick of them (well the earlier shape anyway). My advice: buy a UK car in a nice colour (eg silver) and you'll have less issues with resale come the time. They are not highly sought after and import cars can regularly be seen in the hundreds of pounds!

If you are going for the late 90s shape make sure you don't buy a semi auto!

Andy

michael ferguson

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 335d, S2000
Good alround car, As Cooper said they're readily available and a UK silver is IMO the best one to go for, just make sure its been maintained and not had a really hard lif e and it should go for ever as every VTEC should!! Great car for the money, And if you havent experienced VTEC before your about to get your eyes opened to a whole new world...... ;)

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Mike when are you gonna get rid of that car and get yourself a Turbo car hehehe

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
my cousin use to own a silver one and loved it, he sold it about 4 years ago and bought a passat, and regreted every day since

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Good quick car with a brilliant engine, hey its a Honda afterall... Try and get a 93 one at least as most of these have the black interior n not that drab granda grey.... Dash lights up even better in these ones too lol...

Bad points to look for is the rear arches r prone to rusting as well as round sunroof... Also make sure the 4 wheel steer is ok as a bit dangerous and costly if up the left...

Mk3GolfTDI

RMS Regular
OP
Mk3GolfTDI
Cheers for the comments guys.
Still not totally decided on what to go for yet, but prelude is soundin better all the time. Just have to see what comes up now.

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
ok first off all nothin wrong with a jap one if u can get it insured y?? because they always go better than uk ones and are alot cheaper usually with alot less miles!!a good fit on with exhaust ect will b a match for most civic type r s avery reliable fast well equiped car for the money mine had exhaust,de cat,aem nduction kit,power boost valve,spoon ecu,spoon vtec controller,nology leads ect done 154mph sat with any civic type r i raced and remember only cost 20% of what they do!!!! remember i hav owned both a uk one and a jap one lol

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
that was guy who bought it of me .........but yes oil is a good idea !!

skeets

RMS Regular
Drives
330d
skiman said:
Whats a power boost valve do?

not a lot in my experience. its an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

hey marky, you seem to have a thing for not putting oil in, i seem to remember a certain starlet going pop as well :p

.....thought you went to spain anyway?? :relieved:

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
michael ferguson said:
When they figure out how to make a reliable one.......:p

and anyway my other cars turbo'd...

DIESEL POWER!!!!:cool:

hehehe respect.

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
gavin328i said:
what do you blame all the other cars you blow up on then?? haha!:p
what can i say 200sx too much boost
starlet no oil
corsa missed 5th so used 3rd at very high speed lol
ah well out of32 cars which hav all been drivin hard im not doin too bad and still managed to own much faster cars than a 328i lol they r sooooooo slow :p

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
marky said:
which hav all been drivin hard im not doin too bad

** NOTE TO EVERYONE**

If marky is selling a car you know from the statement above ite been "drivin hard"

(y)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Must take the oil out to sell on to make a few extra £££ considerin how quick it takes to shag them dry!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.