how can i get more poke from my scoob

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

kev187

is there any way of gettin more hp from my 1.6 scoob and where is the best place to get any work done (preferably) around the north

Bronk

RMS Regular
all depends how much money u got m8! if u want alotof tuning done, u need a good bit o f££

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
For the money (and insurance costs) needed to turbocharge your 1.6 scooby, I'd tell you to sell the car, add on your spending money and buy a proper Impreza Turbo. Better handling, more reliable and easier to sell.

If you're after basic tuning for the 1.6 without going as far as turbocharging it, then you need to sort out the breathing first. Remove the CAT, get a bigger throttle body (will one from the 2.0 fit?), get a 4-branch exhaust manifold and a decent exhaust system. After that you need to look at more mechanical work - ie fitting performance cams, getting the head ported/polished, etc. I wouldn't think about getting it chipped until you have everything else done or else the chip won't be optimised to take advantage of these changes.

Gaz

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Gaz said:
For the money (and insurance costs) needed to turbocharge your 1.6 scooby, I'd tell you to sell the car, add on your spending money and buy a proper Impreza Turbo. Better handling, more reliable and easier to sell.

If you're after basic tuning for the 1.6 without going as far as turbocharging it, then you need to sort out the breathing first. Remove the CAT, get a bigger throttle body (will one from the 2.0 fit?), get a 4-branch exhaust manifold and a decent exhaust system. After that you need to look at more mechanical work - ie fitting performance cams, getting the head ported/polished, etc. I wouldn't think about getting it chipped until you have everything else done or else the chip won't be optimised to take advantage of these changes.

Gaz

and after spending £2k + on all this you'll probably get wiped by a turbo scoob and wish you changed the car or bought a turbo lump for it!
unfortunately the 1.6 is just way too underpowered for the heavy car

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack

:grinning:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
it seems we mods give the best advice. nothing wrong with taking what pablo said and adding my own little venom finesse!

Dermot

Turbo transplant .... The Only way, You Could Spend Thousands on Your 1.6 and it will still be nowhere near the same as a Turbo

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
buy a proper sub if you can afford it, if not, there are plenty of cheap insurance friendly 1.6's that are alot quicker as standard with more tuning potential, honda's for one!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.