How long is too long for a car repair under warranty?

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Hi folks,

Just seeking some advise on the matter really. I bought a car from a well known dealer at the end of May this year. Ever since getting it I noticed there was some issue with engine misfire but being naive I thought this was just a characteristic of turbos(first mistake). A month later I finally contacted the dealer to report the issue as it comes with 1 year warranty. They took the car in and handed me a courtesy car. 8 days later, car was handed back to me saying it was running 100% after changing the coil packs. Surprise surprise, the issue was still there when I got it. So contacted them again and arranged another courtesy car.

The car was picked up again back on 10/07/19 and I still don't have the car today with no end date in sight. What are my rights when it comes to these types of things and at what point can I say that enough is enough(if I can that is)?

Never been in this situation before and just after some advise. Thanks in advance.

bill

Banned
MG /Charles hursts in the day had my car for 3 months they only had to supply me with a car equal to my needs i had a city rover for 2 weeks until i asked for my car back.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You have protection under S75 with the credit card. It's probably last resort though.

What's the hold up? Are they waiting for parts?

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
@Coog they have no idea of what's causing the issue. No fault codes coming up but I feel it and so do they. It's going through a process of elimination swapping parts in/out currently.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Is it too late for rejection considering how long they've had it compared to you?

neil-c

RMS Regular
@Coog they have no idea of what's causing the issue. No fault codes coming up but I feel it and so do they. It's going through a process of elimination swapping parts in/out currently.

I'd give them a little more time but keep the pressure on with phone calls/emails every 2 or 3 days. At least they have acknowledged that there is an issue and not just fobbed you off saying 'computer says no' when it's plugged in.