how much coolant

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NotKG

Banned
svensktoppen

well, i did say """ to avoid explaining a load of crap""" , , then someone does it.

if it doesnt matter, why does people still say dont mix colours???,and theyve said that since i started spanners. surely thats bollox if theyre all the same? , the colour is there to identify the manufacturer/supplier and the chemical type.

""most"" just use red and blue,, and most (not a factual percentage) are based on the 2 types.
after that its a chit show of rubbish dealing with company branding

after that its refer to handbook and stick to whats in it from new to avoid issue.

back in my day, we changed it every 2 years, no matter what. !!!
, we didnt look down a little fkn periscope(refractometer) and see it was ok and charge the customer for £50+ like they do nowadays.
iv seen 10 year old cars and the system never cleaned. not what i call doing it right.

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
svensktoppen

well, i did say """ to avoid explaining a load of crap""" , , then someone does it.

if it doesnt matter, why does people still say dont mix colours???,and theyve said that since i started spanners. surely thats bollox if theyre all the same? , the colour is there to identify the manufacturer/supplier and the chemical type.

""most"" just use red and blue,, and most (not a factual percentage) are based on the 2 types.

after that its refer to handbook and stick to whats in it from new to avoid issue.

, we didnt look down a little fkn periscope(refractometer) and see it was ok and charge the customer for £50+ like they do nowadays.
iv seen 10 year old cars and the system never cleaned. not what i call doing it right.
svensktoppen

thanks ken for all the info. really appreciate it. I don.t have a handbook. so I will pop down to mc callens to get advise. want to flush and refill brake fluid front and back on 2 bikes. any idea roughly how much fluid I need to buy ? and is car dot4 ok to use. think I could buy it a bit cheaper in a car shop than main dealers. thanks for all your help. cheers brian

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
DOT4 is fine. Car, bike, it's all the same. The small 250ml would be well more than enough.

Thunderace

RMS Regular
OP
Thunderace
Drives
z1000sx
hi apis. cheers mate . thanks for your info. just need a bit of good weather now. lol (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.