how much is a decent evo 2 worth?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Bound to be worth £4k for a clean one

Gaz

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
was thinking that kind of figure myself - would you be able to sell it tho?

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Hard to insure and run so like any 2.0 turbo, you're only appealing to a small market. I'm sure if someone is looking for a cheap and quick car they would consider it.

Gaz

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
pablo said:

Hmm they do look like protons with bonnet vents! Get an evo 4 - 7-8k would get you one.

Andy

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
media

nice like :grinning:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Hideous! Great drivers car/for the circles. But c'mon, the rally car for the road has gotta have the rally car looks:

Evo%204.jpg

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
And don't forget a rally car price Andy. £4k for early Evo performance isn't much

Gaz

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
True - the evo 3's were doing the circles at Bishopscourt last night and I actually thought they would be beastly on the track... for the drifting even :evil:

Andy

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Cooper said:
pablo said:

Hmm they do look like protons with bonnet vents! Get an evo 4 - 7-8k would get you one.

Andy

thats because Proton used early Evo bodyshells.

there was someone recently selling their Proton which had been transplanted with the evo 3 engine, running gear & interior. I think the only restriction was that 4wd would not fit.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
I seen that Proton running the Evo stuff on Piston Heads. He was looking something like 2kstg for it.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Daz500 said:
Cooper said:
pablo said:

Andy

thats because Proton used early Evo bodyshells.

there was someone recently selling their Proton which had been transplanted with the evo 3 engine, running gear & interior. I think the only restriction was that 4wd would not fit.

Did it come with the "triple valve" badge on the back :lol:

Bar the looks I would just be worried about buying a thrashed example - 10 years of thrashing to be exact. I know servicing on the newer evos at the likes of donnellys is a clean fortune. Let us know how you get on ;)

Andy

Designated Driver

RMS Regular
I think they are still popular in England but they have no rep really compared to the later ones. I would guess it might be hard to shift at that money over here.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
well I think I might give it a miss :grinning:

fancying a turbo again tho - kinda miss that turbo experience :p

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I'm sure your wallet doesnt miss it :p

What about a legacy turbo? They're around that sort of money... not to forget the burble and witissh ;)

Andy

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
thinking of a rover 220 coupe actually. 2k lifts one with a few mods like suspension zorst etc so a good tuning base. whack a hybrid and IC on it and bobs yer uncle :grinning:

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
what about a bubble Rover 25 with a t16 turbo conversion ?

stealth performance :lol:

Gambit

RMS Regular
i was always under the impression that the Rover turbo's are not the most reliable of motors

i was gonn buy one a few years back, and my mates bro who buys and sells ***** like that told me to stay well clear of them

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
not many turbos are mad reliable!

first on the shopping list would be a spare lump I think ;)

the no.1 batman

RMS Regular
Drives
bike
i dont think the evo 3 would have enough power to be driftin and if it did start to do any sort of long drift it would go pop somewhere along the line lol.
aw well maybe in small tight corners but 4wd driftin over the 60-70mph is very very ****in hairy imo.
go for the evo 4 lad wee bit up on power than the evo 3 plus as any said the looks to go wit the power quite an aggressive car!!!!!!!!!!

sweet one should set ya back around the 8k mark

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
post was only up cos I know of an evo2 sitting needing some bodywork so was thinking of doing it up and selling it.

cant really see it happening tho if there isnt much demand over here for one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.