How to get rid of tyre marks on tarmac?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
A friend's parents were away on holiday so he had a few people over. Someone in their drunkeness held a burnout on the drive. All good fun at the time I'm sure.

Years ago I remember hearing a jar of petrol & wire brush lifts it - any truth? Surely the petrol would stain too.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
bmw.gif

i would say some engine degreaser a heavy brush and a power washer should lift it.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Years ago my best mate at the time decided to throw a party when her folks were in America for a month, her Dad was real fussy about his lawns and spent hours cutting the perfect stripes and so on and a guy we know decided it would be funny to do a few circles on the grass in his Calibra when he was leaving, same guy now has an F430, would put money on it he doesn't pull moves like that anymore:p

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Pour petrol on the tarmac light the whole driveway. It will flash burn for about 2 mins then don't step on it for a few hours

Will look brand new and will remove all rubber.

Done it before after a house party haha.

davey21

RMS Regular
I d be starting with a power washer, in my experience of ballsing things up.... I'd start with the lest extreme options, nothing worse than creating a real problem lol

Last edited:

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
I left spunk stains on my neighbours wife. Would petrol remove them or should I just persevere with the wire brush?

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
We're no further forward here boys.

Niall Dallat on his parents drive way was an interesting view back in the day

How big is the drive? Would buying that Tarmac paint stuff be an option and throwing a coat over the entire driveway. Would make him look like a right good lad too.

Was that the video of the M3 doing circles? If so that was brilliant.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
How big is the drive? Would buying that Tarmac paint stuff be an option and throwing a coat over the entire driveway. Would make him look like a right good lad too.

Was that the video of the M3 doing circles? If so that was brilliant.

700m2

Wicks Driveway paint is £15 for 5L (£3 per litre).
Each litre covers 6m2.
That's 24 tins
£350

Yeah that was Niall Dallat in his e36 M3 somewhere around Kilrea, narrowly missing what I woukd presume to be his mothers rose bushes & C-Class

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.