How to improve aerial reception

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Ok, thought i put up a pic of the headunit wiring also, but apparently not :oops: Just checked my phone there and there is a blue wire but on the opposite side of the blue OEM wiring you can see in the pic above, so i may be in luck afterall! I will check at lunch as i didnt pick up on the unused wire if that is the case :confounded:

Cheers again for your help :oops:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
:sob:

Right, A5 is not there, however, there was a pin in it originally? No sign of any spare wires bar a black wire and a grey/white spare wire taped up to the side :confounded:

2012-02-27-023_1.jpg

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Ok this is exactly what i have, an ISO to ISO with DIN adapter: www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?section=Car Stereo Fitting Kits&category=Antenna Adaptors&product_code=PC5-52

I have tried wiring it into the blue wire running from the headunit (ant/rem/whatever its called) and no joy with extra/better signal. I them wired it into a spare split red live cable coming from the headunit (goes to the 12v switched live pin) and no joy either.

Am i doing something wrong or is the adapter duff do you think? Its not that im struggling to get signal, but its definitely not as good at holding some stations compared to the wee jipper headunit that was in before :confounded:

pablo

RMS Moderator
its the right one ok. it will work ok without it but youll only get the big stations and it will probably drift off as you head out of town etc.

what was the prev HU? OEM one?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
No it was a cheaper wee aftermarket HU :worried: Ah well, typical VAG ***** aerials that'll i'll just have to live with then.

Good thing i dont really listen to the radio, but a bit more annoying with the FM transmitter on my phone sometimes losing signal when using it for a moment lol...

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Oh wait, upon the 20th time reading Del's posts above i think i get it now lol. F me i need more sleep :worried:

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I just woke up..... glad you got it C. It hoofs 12v up the urethra of the antenna........ it'll do nothing unless there is a booster waiting to receive in the antenna.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Right, ive noticed now that when i put my lights on in any form (indicators, headlights, brakes etc) that you can hear the electrical surge click mabobber.

Is it because i have the 'booster' wired in that would be causing this?! *sighs*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.