How to post seats?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Type-R-Steve

Banned
I'm getting my car seats picked up by a courier to be sent to a guy in england.

So whats the best way of packaging them for the journey?
Should i get cardboard boxes made to size (2ft x 2ft x 3.5ft, £14 each roughly) or just wrap 'em in lots and lots of bubble wrap?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Bubble wrap with bits of cardboard especially around the subframes as they'd probably chew through the wrap.

Do you mind me asking what courier you are using and roughly how much they are charging to post two seats. Biggest thing I've sent so far is a pair of 18" tyres through Parcelforce at £24. Might have some interior bits from the skyline to fire on myself.

Andy

Type-R-Steve

Banned
OP
Type-R-Steve
It's through TNT i'm sending them.

I'm swapping my seats for a pair of recaros', so i 'm paying for my seats to be picked up and sent to the other guy, which then the courier picks up his seats and sends them to me.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
i reckon Royal Mail are one of the best to send with believe it or not! I sent a complete exhaust system (good weight in it, between 15-18kgs iirc) for 13.50 special delivery insured! Can't be bad to that. For the bigger items like wheels etc i use either Parcel Force or Parcel2go.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.