How to use Sonax BSD (Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer) as a drying aid

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Wow I’ve been using this neat as a drying aid all along. So handy - one spray per panel and dry with one wipe.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have always sprayed it onto a wet panel with a spray of demonshine. Works a treat!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Used it neat myself on a dry car found the last time I must of used a tad to much as it left a sticky smear sort of thing .

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Yea I wasn’t impressed with Sonax due to the residue left behind. This may be the answer but Hybrid is hard to beat IMO

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Yip sounds like too much product. I usually use 1 spray per panel, and load the microfiber with 1 spray before I start. You need to keep shaking the bottle to mix the product.

Used it neat myself on a dry car found the last time I must of used a tad to much as it left a sticky smear sort of thing .

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Great video, I remember this stuff being cheap as chips years ago, now its nearly £12 on ECP! Where is everyone getting it now and for how much?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
For me cant see why youd not use hybrid

Its a godsend of ease of use and durability and the smell. And no flaff of watering down etc

gerryp

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997
Great video, I remember this stuff being cheap as chips years ago, now its nearly £12 on ECP! Where is everyone getting it now and for how much?

carparts4less £7.68

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yes @davyk31 drying towels used in that way are actually quite abrasive. They cause probably the worst looking of all defects (wash marring) but luckily the easiest to fix

davyk31

RMS Regular
Thanks Pete. What about a wee video to show us how to safely dry a car. I know you do tuition days but a fair few of us likely never can get to one of those.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Yes @davyk31 drying towels used in that way are actually quite abrasive. They cause probably the worst looking of all defects (wash marring) but luckily the easiest to fix

Like this crap. Car was previously defect free until I realised how important a proper 'safe wash' is,

20190611_182201.jpg