HPI check - use HPI themselves ?

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Hey Guys - haven't done an HPI in a while... from memory last time i used a basic one and had to end up paying additional to get finance details etc

is it better to just go with HPI themselves to get all the data ?

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
I done a check on a car there now with this v check site, it’s showing as the car has finance on it. I said to the person there now that’s selling the car and they sent me a check back from hpi check saying there was no finance. Is the only way I would be able to check this is by ringing the finance company that’s showing on the check? Would they even give me that information with not being the owner?

RevT

RMS Regular
I’ve rang Blackhorse before about something similar. They confirmed they had ‘an interest’ in it, but couldn’t say any more.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
Is the only way I would be able to check this is by ringing the finance company that’s showing on the check? Would they even give me that information with not being the owner?

If the finance has been paid off recently sometimes it can take a few days for all the databases to update. The day before I bought the GTI vcheck was still showing finance on the car, but whenever I was sitting in the dealer I added the VIN to the search and it refreshed showing clear of finance. I then rang VWFS for peace of mind and all they asked for was the reg and VIN number in order to confirm whether they still had an interest or not. If they have no interest then I’d imagine they should be able to provide some form of written confirmation, verbal was enough for me.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
I rang the finance company today and they confirmed it was cleared a long time ago and they had no interest in the car. Not sure why that check is still showing it up.