Huge thanks to Neil

markmeus

RMS Regular
Just to say a massive thanks to Neil who gave me some advice regarding getting EU compensation from Aer Lingus due to a flight cancellation.
He was kind enough to send me a template to use in order to contact Aer Lingus which succesfully resulted in them paying what was owed.
Will definitly be using Neil for any future legal issues I have.

Thanks again.
Mark

bill

Banned
You lucky we tried to get Compensation from Aer lingus they said it was weather that caused the problem Frozen wings in Orlando. Even the Irish aviation authority agree with them saying Extraordinary circumstances. Will never fly with them again they left us sitting on the plane for over 4 hours until 12:15 am then waited until 3am to put us up in a hotel and we had to be back at airport again at 7:30 am. Worst end to a holiday ever.

markmeus

RMS Regular
OP
markmeus
I was very disappointed with them to be honest. First time flying with them, thought it would be great as it was out of the City and not the International so a much handier airport experience. To be fair on the way out all was grand, apart from the plane being an old heap they'd outsourced to someone called ASL Airlines to operate. But our experience with the Aer Lingus in Malaga airport was abysmal. They'd no staff in Malaga to tell us what was going on and couldn't tell us anything about how they were gonna get us home. To the point that many, myself included, started booking flights with Ryanair. They didn't refund the cost of that! But at least as it was a technical issue with the aircraft we did get the EU compensation. Which covered the cost of the Ryanair flights.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
You lucky we tried to get Compensation from Aer lingus they said it was weather that caused the problem Frozen wings in Orlando. Even the Irish aviation authority agree with them saying Extraordinary circumstances. Will never fly with them again they left us sitting on the plane for over 4 hours until 12:15 am then waited until 3am to put us up in a hotel and we had to be back at airport again at 7:30 am. Worst end to a holiday ever.

Surely the airline can't be blamed for the wings being frozen over, they are at the mercy of the ground crew to de ice the plane, so delays are out of their control.

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
Just to say a massive thanks to Neil who gave me some advice regarding getting EU compensation from Aer Lingus due to a flight cancellation.
He was kind enough to send me a template to use in order to contact Aer Lingus which succesfully resulted in them paying what was owed.
Will definitly be using Neil for any future legal issues I have.

Thanks again.
Mark
Not a problem Mark, delighted you got sorted in the end.
Kind regards
Neil

bill

Banned
Orlando @Captain Starlet they would not let anyone stand up for 4 hours but i could see someone working at the plane with tools near the Ailerons for hours. I spoke to a guy behind me that worked for Ryanair and he said this plane is broken and there using the frozen wings so they wont have to pay compensation
They said that the fuel was cold and added to the wings getting frozen but surely you put liquid on frozen wings not work at a part.
I know i show have got my phone out and took photos put they where like Hitlers and jumped on you if you started to move.
I put all this in the letter but was still turned down i even emailed Orlando and they said there hadnt been a plane with frozen wings from 2009 and they had stuff to de-ice wings.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Orlando @Captain Starlet they would not let anyone stand up for 4 hours but i could see someone working at the plane with tools near the Ailerons for hours. I spoke to a guy behind me that worked for Ryanair and he said this plane is broken and there using the frozen wings so they wont have to pay compensation
They said that the fuel was cold and added to the wings getting frozen but surely you put liquid on frozen wings not work at a part.
I know i show have got my phone out and took photos put they where like Hitlers and jumped on you if you started to move.
I put all this in the letter but was still turned down i even emailed Orlando and they said there hadnt been a plane with frozen wings from 2009 and they had stuff to de-ice wings.

Lol Ok that's fair enough then, seems like they were just chancing their arm.