Hyundai Ioniq 6

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Watched Rory Rieds one on Autotrader last night - does look good. Think the centre console where the lights are looks cheap and plasticy though

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Close, but yet so far...

1656584328117.png

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
I think it looks brilliant, each to their own I guess...

I'm sure the price will be just out of reach like most of the high spec EVs out now

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I think that has potential to be great. Wish they'd do an estate or shooting break version though for boot purposes.
The Kia EV6 looks fantastic too, I've registered my interest... £62k for a kia though... Interior doesn't look like that caliber either but 580bhp appeals.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That's nearly identical looking to a Porsche. How on earth will they get away with making that?

What Porsche is it nearly identical to?

I remember some people saying the Sportage looked like a bit like a 958 Cayenne.

The styling on the S.Korean brands baffles me. There’s no similarities among the entire range. You could see a two different Hyundais and not really be sure they’re both the same make until seeing the badge, whereas it’s always more obvious with Ford, Vauxhall, etc. There’s also a progression in styling from one model to the next, a nod back to a predecessor that the S.Koreans seem to miss out. It’s almost as if they’ve yet to find a style that works for everything, so start from scratch on nearly every new model, trying to make it as outlandish as possible looking. Which works for some folk but for me, personally, I think it ages them really quickly. There’s very little from any of them that’s 10+ years old that still looks good today. The gen 2 coupe, maybe (provided you don’t look inside it).

Mind you not having generic brand styling is not necessarily a bad thing either - I still struggle to tell various Audis apart!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Jonny Smith makes that exact point in the video. Audis he says are like Russian dolls. The Koreans haven’t really made any statement cars until fairly recently, so fair play to them for going all at it- yes even if some of their choices might be questionable.

I think a shooting brake of the Ioniq 6 would be fantastic. Sure it could be worse- 5 series GT or 2 series active tourer anyone?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Came back in here to say it’s a completely fugly car but I’m coming around to it! If they went ahead with estate versions like this rendering then they would be onto a winner imo

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Anyone looked around one of these yet in the flesh? It's definitely a marmite car, I quite like the look of it but imo it needs some the massive black bits colour coded.

Quick photoshop (wouldn't be my choice of colour!)

65092ba23d924e9aa0ef90b062894754AB.jpg
c66604cfe7fb41be96e3487d3316709CD.jpg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
That's awful from every direction.

I'm getting Saab 900 vibes from the back, whereas where I think the 900 is cool, this isn't

saab-900-turbo-offered-high-performance-with-a-side-of-weird-1476934830001-1000x723.jpg

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
I'm curious to know what is specifically bad looking about it, albeit I haven't seen it in the flesh?

The alloys certainly don't help it but I don't think the looks are as bad as the latest BMW offerings as an example

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I'm curious to know what is specifically bad looking about it, albeit I haven't seen it in the flesh?

The alloys certainly don't help it but I don't think the looks are as bad as the latest BMW offerings as an example

It was meant to look like this...

1687532538766.png

The Kia EV9 on the other hand? Class.

1687532618405.png