I cant get over this....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
Just off the corsa c forums and this chick has just tried to wire her system up, things really werent gonna work from the start.

Lets look at the live feed from the battery shall we? yep just open the passengers door there.....

Attachments

• MyDocuments082.jpg
    MyDocuments082.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 573

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Lyons said:
Lol, thats how we did a mates. But it was more pro looking ;)

:eek: :eek: oh dear, put the wire down and step away!

these are the sorts of nightmare scenario that makes me think are people really that thick that they think this sort of thing looks good, is safe, is how it should be done!?

idiot!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, it was in the last shape Punto, and there was ample room. We got it tucked under the door seal however, and there were no sharp edges touching it.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Jeez it isnt for the lack of access to the bulkhead in the corsa either!

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
Lyons said:
Lol, it was in the last shape Punto, and there was ample room. We got it tucked under the door seal however, and there were no sharp edges touching it.

under the door seal is even worse! the wire will get squashed directly onto the metal then and not just the rubber seal. dangerous way to do it!

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
does the job...i know a fella who had this done for yrs and never had a prob. tho i wouldnt do it myself tbh

pablo

RMS Moderator
if its fused then it wont do too much damage bar spark a bit :p

she wouldnt be the first and wont be the last :p

(ps its ropey as hell dont do it)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
thats shocking! i never even considered doing that when i was wiring up my car :eek:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Peje said:
does the job...i know a fella who had this done for yrs and never had a prob. tho i wouldnt do it myself tbh

u prefer the cut it up an tape it together option?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Krisclio ( SQD ) said:
under the door seal is even worse! the wire will get squashed directly onto the metal then and not just the rubber seal. dangerous way to do it!

A space was removed in the metal so it went straight through, not bent over.

gruff

RMS Regular
Drives
St Focus
on my focus i couldnt find anywere so mine went straight under the car cable tied the hole way up and through a plug on the boot floor and i though i was being rough but fu cking hell that just looks stupid

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
that just looks lazy, if your going to do something better to do it properly

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Mac
Drives
MK7.5 R
gruff said:
on my focus i couldnt find anywere so mine went straight under the car cable tied the hole way up and through a plug on the boot floor and i though i was being rough but fu cking hell that just looks stupid

r u being serious?

pablo

RMS Moderator
nothing wrong with that as long as its protected ok and routed properly (ie not cabletied to exhaust)

-Pete-

RMS Regular
gruff said:

rare to do so over here but more common it seems in america and europe but its obviously very dependant on the car. perfectly safe as long as its protected and attached securely. usually using a fire rated conduit or armoured trunking is the accepted standard for running a power cable under the car.

pablo

RMS Moderator
from memory the original shape minis have the power cable running under the car (battery in boot).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.