I crashed at the Nurburgring

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Not me but someone else did....

nightmare! I seen the initial bit of the crash in another video a few days ago, gutting and just shows how easy it is to rack up a nice bill at the ring ;(

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I know a lad who piled his e30 325i sport at the ring, the car was towed out and pushed into a ditch somewhere not far from the ring.......insurance :laughing:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
nightmare! I seen the initial bit of the crash in another video a few days ago, gutting and just shows how easy it is to rack up a nice bill at the ring ;(

Yeah and mechanical failure is bound to be a real sickner. Did you spot 'our' swift at the start? lol

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I know a lad who piled his e30 325i sport at the ring, the car was towed out and pushed into a ditch somewhere not far from the ring.......insurance :laughing:

That wouldn't cover the cost incurred by the Nurburgring themselves though will it?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Would be a crap ordeal without a doubt.

Thought his 'Ring bill was going to be a lot more than what it was, but €1,200 or so isn't nice. And where the hell do they pull €550 for a recovery bill? That's worse than what John Beers charges and he knows how to wear folk like a handbag...

Marc

RMS Moderator
Yeah and mechanical failure is bound to be a real sickner. Did you spot 'our' swift at the start? lol

I did indeed, and I intend on getting another few laps in with the little gay pink swift in a few months time :laughing:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That's what you get for trying to overtake a Megane RS250 cup!

I seen him passing plenty of other cars, but he didn't look to be going too fast. That's a very fast section of the course.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
There's a follow up video which shows them getting booted out of the track for a silly spoiler on his mates Jordan, which then broke down on the way home in the Netherlands and his mates 306 also broke down and had to be limped back with a brake caliper removed.

They could have all done with spending a bit more time getting the cars ready instead of applying 'ring stickers and JDM tow eyes lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
There's a follow up video which shows them getting booted out of the track for a silly spoiler on his mates Jordan, which then broke down on the way home in the Netherlands and his mates 306 also broke down and had to be limped back with a brake caliper removed.

They could have all done with spending a bit more time getting the cars ready instead of applying 'ring stickers and JDM tow eyes lol

But they all add mad brake horse powerzzz.

Even if that Teg was MOT'd, it hardly sets a high standard anyway given that English MOT's aren't worth the paper their wrote on half the time. Some of the older stuff I've brought from England that has 'just been tested' would make you cringe.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I seen him passing plenty of other cars, but he didn't look to be going too fast. That's a very fast section of the course.

I was just wondering if it had caught a bit of frenchness and started disassembling itself.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
I'd just be happy it was mechanical failure and not driver failure,I'd be away to find the other car and let him no lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Had to LOL at the tank straps/fuel tank falling out causing the accident. Shows two things...one already mentioned. Mainland MOT isnt worth a *****, and the cars owner clearly never inspects the car either.
Although initially it did look like he turned in too quick after passing the other car...so who knows if that was the cause and the tank came out after the crash, or whether the tank came out causing the crash.

Wonder were the tank straps actually rotten ? Or ripped apart ?

All in all though given other reports you hear I thought his Armco bill would have been far higher. Maybe they arent as bad as some people suggest. Expensive trip and no doubt equally expensive to go back and get the car again too. Not nice for anyone regardless of the cause and fair play for documenting it.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@stevieturbo at the price he quotes they probably only did one section of armco. These are the prices from a good few years ago now. Also remember the armco is three sections high so you're unlikely to just hit one section and it comes in 10m lengths apparently. Meaning hitting one 10m section is a minimum of €930.

Also it doesn't include the damage to the car, which looks written off.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Got to feel sorry for someone that's had an off, written off the motor, taken 20m of armco out and caused track closure for a few hours. With the track being so big with so many surfaces and weather conditions it can happen very easily!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I'd say so, would defo need insurance for going there !!

I'd trust myself enough...but if you got involved in an incident with someone else it could get very very messy ( ie expensive )

56oval

RMS Regular
i did it in the bug, back in 04, if i'd have known then what the financial risks were if i crashed the car,there would have been no way in hell i would have contemplated it without some form of insurance.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.