ICE install in Belfast during the 90's

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Does anyone remember the name of the place during the 90's that did ICE installs on York Street-ish?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Does anyone remember the name of the place during the 90's that did ICE installs on York Street-ish?
Was it not further out past Mount Vernon? Shore Road?
Screenshot_20210324_122132_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

was it not just the Iceman?
They were Conlig originally then 2 places in Balloo and the former Cartronics place on the Albertbridge Road, ran by Paul Houston.

Last edited:

Marc

RMS Moderator
Car Extreme?

pablo

RMS Moderator
sure I fell out with IASCA as lads were entering the amateur SQ class with full audio advice builds and winning while those doing our own builds hadnt a chance

I did love it though. wasted some cash alright

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I remember buying brown bread sound deadening was it on the shore road somewhere???

Martyn

RMS Regular
I remember it alright - paddy hopkirks?

Spent enough money in those days.... 1k for a alpine head unit with no amplifier... never mind chucking £2k at a set of three way front speakers...

Makes the GT4 seem a bargain!

Martyn

RMS Regular
Guys it was paddy hopkirks.. you had to dive round the back to the workshop. It wasn’t till the shop opened in castle street and a guy called Ian Collins sparked the desire to spend £1000’s on car audio. My goodness I think what I’m listening to tonight on tv and the quality is 7u3k1inh crap

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
The scene that started my love of cars, remember as a kid being driven past JK Autospares in Bangor and looking out for their green Integra.
Me too, I used to cycle round as a young teen and stand and stare at the integra after a trip out of bike works a few doors up. Good times.