ICE install in Belfast during the 90's

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Wow! How big is the space? I'd really need to listen to the current sound, but I reckon those outdoor speakers would be a bit bass-light indeed.
Let me know if you can have a visitor and I can help you improve the SQ for minimum wonga.
Cheers
Del
You ever about Ballymena?

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
I remember that Renault 19 at a show in the Kings hall, as a child that blew my mind! Even then you just knew that car was on another level build wise 😍

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
The build and sound quality from audio advices stuff always blew me away...

Other stuff looked tidy but generally lacked when it came to good sound

Still have the install in the cav after all these years too

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
ive just come on RMS for a nosey. and saw this thread!!! epic thread. some great great memories in here. loved the whole scene back in the day.
such a shame the car scene doesnt have the same sort of meets.
Max Power live was awesome..went a fair few times and the laughs were great.
i see pics of my old Audi there in the background, and my bros bazooka install in his civic hahaha...memories!

KevM

RMS Regular
Audio Advice still going strong in Craigavon, pretty sure the Renault 19 is sitting in their showroom out there

The R19 still makes the odd show every once in a while. It was at a show in Banbridge in 2013 (which seems like yesterday), where the organisers kept telling the guys to turn it down!! :laughing:

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Alway just wanted a sub secured and a usable boot space. Never anything overly special but just wanted good quality sound and the JL quality is good enough so alway tried to stick with them and alpine headunits
IMAG0010_zps9439a346.jpg
PICT0122.jpg
IMAG0175.jpg
20210223_171845.jpg

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
They now have the xfire classic beetle demo too which is pretty awesome

Walder

RMS Regular
This thread I am 90% certain is the cause of my tinnitus!!!!

Loved my old square kickers no pics mind you very basic install raised the floor of my focus and had the subs mounted vertically flush to the boot floor.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I've really chuckled at some of the memories this thread has brought to mind. I bought a fair few bits from Richard (Holmes?) In Cartronics. I remember he bought a 306 GTi6, and fitted 4 15" RF subs. He was going out with a girl I knew in Enniskillen, and I remember pulling in to have a chat with them on Belmore Street. The entire street filled with bass. Complete madness, and like a few others, more than likely to be the cause of the constant ringing in my ears nowadays.
Great times.
Cooks

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6

Fun fact, I towed this car back to Lisburn after that show with my Mondeo. Baron drove it onto a car trailer then couldn't get the door open due to the body kit/ride height, so he stayed in the car while I towed it from Bangor to Lisburn 🤣
I remember it being a fairly ropey car to tow due to the weight! And we went hillhall rd to avoid drawing attention on the motorway 🙈