ICE install in Belfast during the 90's

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
How times have changed, I used to flick through the parts sections at the back of Max Power magazines and put together builds for Fiestas and Novas.

This was always the dream:

017BE920-5BF6-4D77-B52F-DE3B908DC92E.png

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
How times have changed, I used to flick through the parts sections at the back of Max Power magazines and put together builds for Fiestas and Novas.

Lol, I was just reminiscing about this yesterday. I used to make full parts lists on various cars (I specifically remember a Mk1 Scenic and a Beetle), including all styling and audio parts.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Was it not further out past Mount Vernon? Shore Road? View attachment 317029

They were Conlig originally then 2 places in Balloo and the former Cartronics place on the Albertbridge Road, ran by Paul Houston.

Was it not Russell ran it?

I spent some amount in Iceman on W7 subs and JL Audio Amps etc

Really enjoyed that side of things back in the day

Last edited:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Ah yes I remember Billy now you mention his name. Yeah Bangor was where I went.

Remember the metro they built
Yeah with the concrete floors! Very first car of theirs i was ever in was a caribic blue Nova Luxe in the mid 90s, gave me the bug for big systems.
Id spent 4k with them over 6 or 8 months in 2000, loved every minute of building and running that wee Clio.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Your all flying off topic guys... the shop was called paddy hopkirks..

In the 1990’s the iceman (billy dancy) fitted my 306 dturbo with toad glass film and an interior camera... quite the business at that time.
What was the Cartronics guy called?

That was a Marc from the shop floor (owned a Carlton v6 on rms) and a lad Richard owned it

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
sure I fell out with IASCA as lads were entering the amateur SQ class with full audio advice builds and winning while those doing our own builds hadnt a chance

I did love it though. wasted some cash alright

i am sure i entered one off those and thought the same

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
That Fiesta above was class, raging I was too young to appreciate the ice era of cars. Although there is plans for a max power reunion show this year, organised by the guys behind the mag. Not going to lie, I would love to go!

purplea4T

RMS Regular
That Fiesta above was class, raging I was too young to appreciate the ice era of cars. Although there is plans for a max power reunion show this year, organised by the guys behind the mag. Not going to lie, I would love to go!
Gary's stuff was always class, he'd a cracking Corsa with a fishtank as a build😂😂😂

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Still have whats left of the build in my Clio.

Then I upgraded and got a Cerwin Vega Stroker for a Cavalier I had at a time and it was bibical. Still have most of all the stuff left actually when I think of it.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
bumped another thread but haven’t had a reply. Anyone able to advise me on amps for my gym setup? They are years old and just looking to see if it’s worth upgrading.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Just need to know what I could upgrade to or if it’s even worth doing. I’ll se if he replies. 👍