Iconic Ionic: Sold as Seen Podcast Episode 9

•   
In this episode of RMS Motoring's Sold as Seen Podcast, Andy has the Hyundai Ioniq 5 on road test, so EVs, costs and ownership are the order of the day. Craig drops a bomb. Gary gets us excited about our upcoming trip to the Classic Car Show at the NEC, and has us slightly less excited about the new Range Rover launch. Andy talks us through seeing the Lotus Emira in Birmingham, experiencing the fuel crises and being embedded in the Cotswolds, land of Clarkson, Metcalfe and Castle Combe Circuit. And we talk Bond Cars with the release of No Time To Die.

Show Notes

Rory Reid is joining 5th Gear!

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Project 45 on test

IMG_5522.jpg

Kia EV6 - Shared Platform and another great design

kia-ev6.jpeg

Pete from PMG's Model 3 Thread: Tesla Model 3 Performance

NEC Classic Car Show, 12-14 November 2021: NEC Classic Show Website

EB9DC114-B8DC-4163-B8F8-19D82DE86AE0-702x336.jpeg

Lotus Emira First Edition In Person - RMS Motoring

Top 10 UK Car Sales September 2021:

1. Tesla Model 3 - 6879
2. Vauxhall Corsa - 5235
3. BMW 3-series - 4788
4. Toyota yaris - 4364
5. Nissan Qashqai - 4118
6. Kia Sportage - 4104
7. Volkswagen Polo - 4062
8. Toyota Aygo - 3857
9. Kia Niro - 3776
10. Volkswagen Golf - 3609

Like Saab? Love our Saabulous thread: The Saabulous Thread.

The Gordon Murray T50 Dynamic Debut at Goodwood

And the new Range 2022 Rover.

RR_22MY_10_Exterior_261021_EXT_054.jpg

RR_22MY_10_SWB_261021_150dpi-187.jpeg

James Bond - No Time To Die and Bond Cars

Jason Barlow's Bond Cars: A Definitive History - Bond Cars: The Definitive History: Amazon.co.uk: Barlow, Jason: 9781785945144: Books

BMW Z8

z8.jpeg

Andy does Jeremy Clarkson's Diddly Squat

DiddlySquat.jpg

Harry Metcalfe Checks out Richard Hammond's cars up for auction

Richard Hammond's The Smallest Cog Show

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Just listened to the latest podcast. Another great episode.
I agree the NEC show is awesome, don’t think I’m gonna make it to this years but hopefully I’ll be there again in 2022.
Last time I went, we had dinner in Asha’s. The Indian restaurant owned by the Bollywood star. (The song “Brim full of Asha” is about her.) I had the best curry of my life! If you’re staying overnight in Birmingham, I would highly recommend.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Just listened to the latest podcast. Another great episode.
I agree the NEC show is awesome, don’t think I’m gonna make it to this years but hopefully I’ll be there again in 2022.
Last time I went, we had dinner in Asha’s. The Indian restaurant owned by the Bollywood star. (The song “Brim full of Asha” is about her.) I had the best curry of my life! If you’re staying overnight in Birmingham, I would highly recommend.
Epic Indian tip. @Gaz get it booked!

Thanks for the feedback folks, thinking of taking the recorder to Brum for a pod on the road!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
just have it on now as I'm out at work - really enjoy these shows

I'm honestly going to miss you on it @Rocko

We did try and convince him to stay ........... offered money, favours, Tayto, Cooper even tried a lapdance, but he was having none of it

Booked for the Fri night! Cheers for the tip. I had booked another Indian for us but it was more street food type stuff so happy to change.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Just listened this morning when out for a walk, good stuff lads and again to inflate the celeb status of @Rocko, he will be missed. As a fellow typically grumpy ***** it was good to have that balance!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
RockPod coming soon!

(No, it isn't.)

I hope for more EV chat, hope someone gets an Kia EV6 to try soon, and to actually listen to an episode.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
As a combustion-engine loving dinosaur and EV hater, I'm going to try and get a drive in one and see if it changes my mind. I've had a passenger run in a Tesla but I think a drive is needed.

My wife's 330d is due a change and she mentioned an EV the other day, I was a bit ....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I know you missed Bob Flavin @Gaz but he absolutely raves about the Kia EV6. They should be appearing at dealers literally any day now, the demonstrators are already in GB dealers.

Reactions: Gaz