Im new to this ICE foolishness and i need help....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Right, i have a 15" sub... and i dunno what i need to power it... can someone enlighten me please.

Thanks

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
hmmm, its a rockford fosgate sub, says punch in the middle of it... says RFP 1415 on the back, and 4 Ohms... :?

brendy

RMS Regular
im sure someone on here will correct me but i bought a shark 1000w amp offa ebay a couple of weeks ago for not a lot of money, its powering my 12 inch 600w sub at the moment and will be running my components too when i get my finger out.

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
that helps a lot u will need 200 watts rms of an amp if u give me a budget i could prob show u an amp that would do the job

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
unfortunately, my budget wud fall as close to free as possible... (as usual :p)

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
check the forums and ebay and stuff like that and look for a 1 channel or 2 channel bridgeable amp that has 200 watts rms at 4 ohms (make sure it is rms and not max) i will have a wee look later and see if i can see anything suitable

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
i found an amp lyin about the house, tis a 4 x 50W, ill check the "OHM-age" tomorrow

dus that sound like it'd be any use?

big ron

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru impreza
have u thought about one of those audioleads mutant amps???

50 quid for the 2 channel amp.........halfords do em and they will drive your sub alrite if ur on a tight budget ;)

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
im confused... right u have a 2 channel amp and a 4 channel amp.... what is the difference. can u just run more speakers off a 4 channel?

pablo

RMS Moderator
strangely enough you can run 2 speakers off a 2ch and 4 off a 4ch.

if you want to run a sub you generally need to use 2 of the channels per sub (called bridging) to get more power as a sub needs loads more than a normal speaker.

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
right, well can you bridge a four channel amp into one sub? :confounded: Says 4x50W on the amp so im assuming its a 4 channel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.