Im very sore today!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I still think that in the high majority of accidents seatbelts help...alot, even if sometimes they can actually cause damage

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
sexymanda said:
i rest my case!

for a start sorry to hear bout ur mate - but how can u rest ur case on that one accident - thats a billion in one chance of it happening!

sexymanda said:
i hear about accidents like this all the time

u also hear about lots of accidents where seat belts were not worn and the majority dying!

i cud not go driving wifout my seat belt i wudnt feel secure plus my car bleeps like **** if u dont wear it!

iain

sexymanda said:
god im glad your ok!

i h8 seatbelts and refuse to wear them!

stupid you then, you know they saved my life when someone hit me from behind at 60mph. the passenger of the other car wasnt wearing one and went right through the window.

yet they dont save lives???

stupid :x

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I had a smash one time, 65mph into a tree, and the only reason I'm alive is because I wore my seatbelt.

@ Manda - there are people who think seatbelts cause deaths, and some who think they save lives - you'd better be very careful about which one you pick. IMO, they do a lot more good than harm, and instances of people dying/hurt through wearing a seatbelt are few and far between when compared to those who don't wear it. I'm sorry to hear about your friend who was choked, but that really was an uncommon incident.

Gaz

Ruth

RMS Regular
manda chick u wear ur seatbelt in my car near all the time... know why u might be scared but at the end of the day i cant stand people in my car who dont wear seatbelts,end of and u know that!! think the chances of being choked are pretty slim tbh :confounded:

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
i wera it at the very odd time to keep ppl in there motors happy, but as they notice its off within a matter of minutes, i h8 the damned things theres nothing on ppl to say its stupid or not stupid when theres a reason involved, they have caused lifes if they were such a good thing they wouldnt take any lifes at all, in a car were accidents so bad happen there should be a more secure way of saving sumone other than a bit of strengthened material!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
its usually once a cock always a cock until something serious like causing a death i believe

at the end of the day you should know the risks when you go out in a car, it makes sense to put a seatbelt on, i would much rather stay in teh car and risk getting strangled than fly out through the windscreen...just my opinion

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
putting the seatbelt on when i get into the car is done without even thinking. never would i ponder "oh, shall i wear it today". second nature, always

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
sexymanda said:
i wera it at the very odd time to keep ppl in there motors happy, but as they notice its off within a matter of minutes, i h8 the damned things theres nothing on ppl to say its stupid or not stupid when theres a reason involved, they have caused lifes if they were such a good thing they wouldnt take any lifes at all, in a car were accidents so bad happen there should be a more secure way of saving sumone other than a bit of strengthened material!

Do you not think with the millions and millions poured into the R&D of safety around the world that firms have already asked this question? They don't want people dying any more than we do. Hence why we have ABS, Airbags, crumple zones, reinforced structural integrity points, etc. At the end of the day, its still a metal shell moving at speed and there's only so much you can do to safeguard a human inside without restricting their mobility or view.

As you say, its only a bit of strengthened material - so whats the big deal about putting it on. If you ever hit something head on at speed you'll wish you wore it when your head puts a hole in the windscreen and tears half your face off in the process.

Gaz

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
yes, hush there manda, u 99% of the time have ur seatbelt on...

and it does save lives, or else it wouldnt be there...

so ''Belt up'' Excuse the pun...

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
hmm simon, do i? its a wonder i've never noticed, how many times have u seen me in the corsa with it on, never once!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
oh...and lets see how you do your test (if you take it) without it ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.