Impact gun

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ah yes, forgot, you're the expert on everything and everyone else is a 'blind moron' šŸ˜‚

If you drive into the path of another car without looking....yes, you are a blind moron.

And if you think it takes an "expert" to say working under or around a car with a POS jack is safe.....hmmmm too many expletives for that

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
If you drive into the path of another car without looking....yes, you are a blind moron.

And if you think it takes an "expert" to say working under or around a car with a POS jack is safe.....hmmmm too many expletives for that
What if youā€™re only using said jack to place the car onto axle stands. No danger there šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Nobody said that, so you can keep your expletives.

Obviously working under a car supported by only a jack (pos or otherwise) is not a sensible thing to do.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Think you fellas are taking it to heart a bit šŸ˜‚ stevie as blunt as he is gives a harsh but true insight to many things and also entertainment factor as well šŸ˜‚

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Many ways to skin a cat. As long as it's done safely, have at it.

Buy the most expensive tool that you'll use only a few times - not my money you're using, so again - go for it.

Something to be said for using hand tools and a bit of grunt, then again - power tools do make life a lot easier.

BELLUR

RMS Regular
I actually bought a second hand compressor as the air tools seemed cheaper and Id have the bonus of being able to do other stuff using the compressor. Both compressor and some air tools were cheaper than the similarly rated battery impact. Downside obviously is the space needed for the compressor but probably been the best thing Iā€™ve bought in a long time.
As others have said, youā€™ll be surprised how much you use it.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I got the milwaukee 1/2 inch its not huge by any means head of it is less than the size of a coke tin. If you've got batteries for any brand stick with it. Body only stuff comes up cheap on deals regularly it's the batteries that end up catching you.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I have the higher power Ryobi one and it has been going a few years with no issues and good power.

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
This is a strange thread, I wouldn't have thought the need/or lack thereof for an impact gun could potentially cause controversy haha!

I've seen a few here say that a Milwaukee gun is too expensive for a tool only maybe used a handful of times. I bought myself a Milwaukee m18 high torque a couple years back. We have a metabo mid torque at home and have replaced the gearbox twice as it really isn't fit for much more than running off loose bolts - so I wanted something that was overbuilt and would find no challenge with bolts on cars and potentially even agricultural machinery.

In my view, if you intend to do any serious work on a car then a good impact is invaluable. I dont see the need to go as far as a milwaukee, loads of good cheaper options. I dont even work much on my cars, maybe every few weeks ill be doing something, or replacing worn out parts but I still think the Milwaukee has more than paid for itself multiple times over already. While a breaker bar is also a necessary bit of kit it just isn't anywhere near as useful for tight spaces or awkward angles, never mind the fact that its slow and takes a lot of effort, unless you're talking about working on near new components.

Breaker bar is great if you change your wheels every now and again and maybe very minor repairs or parts replacement once or twice a year. If you intend to go any further you'll really thank yourself for getting a decent gun.

PAULW

RMS Regular
Is this the recommended Milwaukee gun..

Best price Iā€™ve seen, unless anyone has a Black Friday link..
Yes, that's a good gun, that's the new mid torque one, I have it and it will take off wheels nuts and do most jobs with ease. I've a high torque one and that is a lot lighter and easier to hold, plus the new lights are better on it, highly recommend it.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I've been interested in these myself. The bad obsession motorsport guys use kielder tools in all their videos but there's not a ton of info or reviews out there compared to other brands. Seem very reasonably priced.

Iā€™m gona lift one and will report back to let you know what they are like. Iā€™ve had a cheaper Sealey 18v 1/2ā€ gun for about 8 years and both batteries are dead so decided itā€™s time to try something new. Itā€™s not something that I use every day so didnā€™t want to buy anything more expensive

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Iā€™m gona lift one and will report back to let you know what they are like. Iā€™ve had a cheaper Sealey 18v 1/2ā€ gun for about 8 years and both batteries are dead so decided itā€™s time to try something new. Itā€™s not something that I use every day so didnā€™t want to buy anything more expensive
They seem great value on paper

Good price on their kit at the minute

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL! - SAVE Ā£180 on a Kielder Pro-X Flight Case 18v Tool Combo Kit

Was Ā£629.99. Now only Ā£449.99 inc VAT & UK mainland shipping.

Simply enter exclusive discount code BETTERWITHTOOLS at checkout, to get Ā£180 off!

Offer ends 30th November

ā€¢ Professional Tools in a Premium Flight Case
ā€¢ 3 Year Warranty
ā€¢ Digital Brushless Motors
ā€¢ Interchangeable 18v TYPE18 Battery System
ā€¢ 'Excellent' rating on Trust Pilot