Imported car insurance

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I tried to make sure that I could add my Forester Sti onto my businesses fleet insurance. Unfortunately they won't allow it due to it being a Japanese import that was never available in the UK.
I'm gonna shop around for quotes but is there any insurance companies known for imported cars?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I had my 1999 r34 skyline on a limited mileage policy with Autoline and then flux, if that helps.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Ok thanks. Flux was one of the ones I was going to get a quote from. (y)

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Direct Line also worth a check..

Yep, Direct Line is winning so far. Cheapest by a good bit. Still waiting for a call back tomorrow from Flux.
If all these main insurance companies accept the Forester STI I wonder why I couldn't add it onto the usual business fleet insurance? I think its with Zenith. I'm going to ask again tomorrow.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Yep, Direct Line is winning so far. Cheapest by a good bit. Still waiting for a call back tomorrow from Flux.
If all these main insurance companies accept the Forester STI I wonder why I couldn't add it onto the usual business fleet insurance? I think its with Zenith. I'm going to ask again tomorrow.
All my Flux policies where underwritten by Zenith, including the 400bhp Evo.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I thought Admiral didn't insure cars with modifications?

I’m almost 100% I declared the mods, Mind you it’s only a stainless steel exhaust and a set of springs so prob doesn’t count for much over a standard car

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Admiral definitely does cover mods. My Seat Exeo was remapped and they applied a 5% load on the policy iirc.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
What Kina quotes you getting with direct line chris?
So far it’s Direct Line £460. Admiral £659. A-Plan £550. Performance £1600!
Still waiting on a couple of other companies to get back to me.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
thought direct line were funny about mods ... when i last looked em up anyways.
typical to see a varied range of quotes from reasonable to the ridiculous

i find autoline good to deal with

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
I’ve always had mine insured with flux or green light. Flux did a multi car policy for me which is only reason I moved from green light

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Flux have a great add-on that allows you to DOC fully comp as well. Wasn't that expensive and definitely reassuring if you're borrowing something worth a few quid.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Greenlight when I had my 04 Forester STi (all mods/remap declared) - was cheaper than anywhere else and they included track day cover so I could pay £40/track day I think it was... Also had type1 business cover on it. I think from memory it was £700 and I was 27? at the time.