Impreza Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Where do any of the Impreza / Evo / jap modified guys get their insurance?

I've been with @Tony@Greenlight for a number of years now and although it's handy just renewing each time the amount is more than I'd like to pay in one go and they don't have the option to split the cost.

I also only do about 1500 miles a year in the scoob now so paying £400/500 for a years insurance just seems a waste.

Cheers

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I'm with Admiral, £400 a year FC with mods declared. Anywhere else was far higher and autoline wouldn't give me a classic policy until its 20 year old.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Where do any of the Impreza / Evo / jap modified guys get their insurance?

I've been with @Tony@Greenlight for a number of years now and although it's handy just renewing each time the amount is more than I'd like to pay in one go and they don't have the option to split the cost.

I also only do about 1500 miles a year in the scoob now so paying £400/500 for a years insurance just seems a waste.

Cheers

they offer a pay monthly option - or is it you dont want the finance option, just like a 2 payment setup? im led to believe you can make overpayments to the finance if you want to clear it earlier

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
they offer a pay monthly option - or is it you dont want the finance option, just like a 2 payment setup? im led to believe you can make overpayments to the finance if you want to clear it earlier

No what I mean is they quote say £480, they want payment up front in one go, don't give the option to spread the cost, even over 2 months.

I don't have enough disposable cash about just to offload that in one go. I know I could borrow off someone or whatever but I don't like all that, would rather just pay monthly like most things so I can keep a track on what payments I have every month etc.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Admiral will do monthly payments, mine is £35 a month so it was about 20-30 extra on top of the premium to do the monthly direct debit.

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
I'm with Admiral, £400 a year FC with mods declared. Anywhere else was far higher and autoline wouldn't give me a classic policy until its 20 year old.

I tried an online quote there, even a multi policy one with the Passat cause it's due this month as well but it came back as unable to quote online to phone so I may have to do that since your price seems very reasonable.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The price for mine came up when I did a go compare thing rather than go through their own website for a quote.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Im with LV for the Scoob and wifes Golf R ... Scoob costs me 500 with all mods declared.

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
This is what 0% credit cards were made for.

Never have had nor want a credit card.

I have several 0% finance things, like furniture, TV etc as well as the mortgage and whatever else you use direct debits for, which is hopefully enough to keep my credit rating ticking over without the need for a credit card.

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Im with LV for the Scoob and wifes Golf R ... Scoob costs me 500 with all mods declared.

My quote from Greenlight is from 'Highway' which I think is the same company as LV so maybe going directly to them will give me more payment options, will try that too.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I used their site to get a multi car policy figure. worked out at 900 all in. Wifes Golf R was 400

Gambit

RMS Regular
No what I mean is they quote say £480, they want payment up front in one go, don't give the option to spread the cost, even over 2 months.

I don't have enough disposable cash about just to offload that in one go. I know I could borrow off someone or whatever but I don't like all that, would rather just pay monthly like most things so I can keep a track on what payments I have every month etc.

thats odd as i pay mine monthly with them through Premium Credit

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
I used their site to get a multi car policy figure. worked out at 900 all in. Wifes Golf R was 400

£880 quote for just me on the scoob with mileage up to 4k. Crazy!!

I did declare all the mods though so it likely has more to declare than yours at present, maybe it mattered.

Will keep looking

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Try it through moneysupermarket and comparethemarket ... got seriously cheap qoutes there too

Fire your mum or dad against it too that also brought mine down a good bit more

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Try it through moneysupermarket and comparethemarket ... got seriously cheap qoutes there too

Fire your mum or dad against it too that also brought mine down a good bit more

Aye i'll give them a go later, go do a bit of work first :laughing:

I always forget to add them on, greenlight only let me be named for the reduced mileage policy so I naturally just don't add anyone else but I guess these other companies might appreciate them being added better (y)

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
In my experience, insurance costs for the exact same scenario can vary depending on the time of the month. Also job titles can be a bit ambiguous - e.g. business consultant vs IT consultant vs consultant also all give different results... just saying.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Aye i'll give them a go later, go do a bit of work first :laughing:

I always forget to add them on, greenlight only let me be named for the reduced mileage policy so I naturally just don't add anyone else but I guess these other companies might appreciate them being added better (y)

I added my mum as a named driver and brought it down by 100 quid.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'm with Adrian Flux with the Scooby. Cost around £320 all in for the year. That's fully comp though I think it's a 2,000 mile per year policy.

Golf R is with Admiral and cost within £2 of the Scooby.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Never have had nor want a credit card.

I have several 0% finance things, like furniture, TV etc as well as the mortgage and whatever else you use direct debits for, which is hopefully enough to keep my credit rating ticking over without the need for a credit card.
But get a 0% credit card, pay insurance, pay it off over 2 months cancel card. You’ll be none the wiser.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.