Impreza STI widetrack.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Picked up tonight. 06 STI widetrack with 61k miles. Clean everywhere bar the engine bay. I'll do a few bits to it I'm sure but here it is.
20201001_193256.jpg
20201001_193226.jpg
20201001_190403.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Should never had sold my bugeye. There's just something about a proper Impreza.

Love it, sounds perfect. What system is on it? They are hard to get away from, they get under your skin. I always found myself going back to them even though I’ve owned most things over the last 20 years. HTD.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Some job (y) And a full set of michelin ps4 on it show that previous owner didnt scrimp on it
I'm still looking through the folder, definitely no scrimping done. I was ashamed selling the Golf with an a4 page of service dates and mileage, and a stamped book. That was it. Every other car I've sold has had every receipt etc. in a folder. This one has everything.
Love it, sounds perfect. What system is on it? They are hard to get away from, they get under your skin. I always found myself going back to them even though I’ve owned most things over the last 20 years. HTD.
Hayward and Scott. Seems to be full decat and heat wrapped. Loud but not mental.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'd definitely like to own a Blob STI Widetrack at some stage. They're definitely up there as one of the best sounding cars.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Turbo back H&S or prodrive is the best sounding and looking for them imo, lovely deep burble off them.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
that is lovely. two cars I ever regret selling, my 2 door E30 bmw and my late model RB5 with the PPP and other factory options like the alcon monster brakes. If I had the funds a wr1 or widetrack would be bought without hesitation.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
that is lovely. two cars I ever regret selling, my 2 door E30 bmw and my late model RB5 with the PPP and other factory options like the alcon monster brakes. If I had the funds a wr1 or widetrack would be bought without hesitation.
I seen a WR1 advertised at a trader near me and thought about it, but I'm not keen on the colour and it was quite dear. I see its still for sale.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
yeh the colour of the wr1 is a bit of a turn off but its just that it comes with so many good factory options and dccd control etc that makes it attractive. My rb5 had the aclons and ppp and was such a good car. It's been my benchmark ever since for a drivers car. I wish I'd never sold it, it would be worth easily twice what I sold it for.
A wide track blob eye or bug eye sti would be ideal

-Pete-

RMS Regular
My mate has the very last Rb5 no 449.It also sounds stunning. Well last time he started it lol which was years ago.
I think from memory mine was 424 or something in the late 400's anyway. It wasn't a wr but it had the PPP fitted in subaru lisburn along with the optional alcon brakes etc. such a car. Ended up going to Southampton but never knew what happened to it. drove on rails and the short shift gear box was a dream. horrendous fuel economy but hasn't put me off owning another, especially with threads like this

-Pete-

RMS Regular
yeh pretty sure they did. the rb320 has been crazy prices from day 1. seems like there's very few rb5's about though. Mine was such a late model with low miles (sub 100k) and full service history. I actually only sold it to fund a road trip around america. bar a full spec sti, the rb5 was a phenomenal car.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Dam I'd sell an Impreza not to go to America lol. Think Darren's has 105 or so on it? Has Rb5 many mechanical differences than sti/Wrx.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Dam I'd sell an Impreza not to go to America lol. Think Darren's has 105 or so on it? Has Rb5 many mechanical differences than sti/Wrx.
im not sure on all the iterations of spec etc as you could have something with a dealer fitted ppp. My rb5 had the dealer ppp and the it also had the very rare alcon brake package fitted but didnt have the 'wr' spec which seemed to be just a specific spoiler unless im very much mistaken. mine had a short shift kit and the boost pipe kit and an exhaust and then i added the inter cooler tilt kit. it also had the short shift kit. it was ridiculous drivers car, never been in anything before or since that drove or handled like it.