Impreza STI widetrack.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Aye you’ll be dead on for fueling with the bigger 550’s on the newage, only 440’s on mine so needs the adjustable FPR to get the most out of them without maxing out the duty cycle on them.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
My custom mats finally showed up. I ordered them on the 16th Oct. 😕
Anyway, suppose they're worth the wait compared to the cheap crap that came in a couple of days 😂
IMG_20201123_180325_522.jpg
IMG_20201123_180325_531.jpg
IMG_20201123_180325_529.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Nice curve, I’m sure it goes well at 340, and at least you know it’s safe 👍
The car popped and banged at 3k perminantly before and felt lumpy when it was doing it. Now its smooth and there's only the odd crack from the exhaust on gear change when I'm horsing it (that'll be the dumpvalve)
It now only pops when I switch on that feature (easiest is to just use the demister button). Its more flames than bangs which can be tweaked to whichever I prefer but I'll leave it as is in the meantime.
It also had some knock before so I've been taking it easy(ish) till it was mapped. Likely was mapped on English 99ron fuel which meant it wasn't enjoying our crappy 97.
Should be all good now though.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Happy days does it feel quicker now? Sounds like the usual “mod” some people do on impreza’s fire the boost away up and then they wonder why it dets and melts a piston

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Happy days does it feel quicker now? Sounds like the usual “mod” some people do on impreza’s fire the boost away up and then they wonder why it dets and melts a piston
That's exactly what Peter said , the boost was just cranked up. I was worried that meant he'd be turning it down but it just needed tidied, and he turned it up a bit !
I'll get a proper drive in it to tell for sure but it felt quick as it was so even if it's the same I'm happy.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Having a bit of an annoying reaction to the remap. Car feels a bit stumbly in normal driving. Almost like I'm always in the wrong gear.
Main suspect is the dumpvalve. It seems to be venting alot more, presumably as the boost is coming in sooner etc. So I went on a drive to dial it in a bit better but to get it driving right, i have it so it only vents on hard driving. This would be fine but it's not venting enough to activate the "whistle trumpet". Its just sounding like a normal dumpvalve. I know some dont particularly like the sound anyway but I do and would really like it to get sorted somehow.
Good thing is that its fully adjustable so for the meantime I'm just leaving as a recirculating valve.

Had a quick play with the "antilag" which isn't antilag but u know what I mean.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I've tried a few different headlight bulbs to try and find bright white to match LED sidelights , and between me an @Gambit We've came to the conclusion they're all full of crap.
Really didn't want to go down this road but it was between LED or HID and neither sit right with me but out of the 2, LED was the easiest option to try.

Seen a load on ebay but some reviews said they weren't bright enough etc so tried a guy on Facebook coz at least I could message him to see how they looked etc.
Tried one today with the intention of fitting the other once I knew it was ok.

I think it looks fine. Brighter than the "white" ones I had tried which were the whitest of the lot but also the dimest. And the beam pattern isn't terrible. I stood well back to see if they were blinding at all and they seem ok.
My only issue is I cant fit the dust cover on the back but I had a fair idea that would be the case. Its sitting about 1/4inch off closing so its taped on at the min.

20201205_170430.jpg
20201205_170936.jpg
20201205_171047.jpg
20201205_171005.jpg
20201205_171104.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Not much happening, only taking the car out when its dry and I've somewhere to go. Just to get the cobwebs off it really so it's not sitting. I ordered bonnet struts as its amazing how much you miss them. They're dear for all they are but couldn't get them from anywhere cheap that wasnt China. Asked in an old Group buy on Scoobynet and the guy did another batch.. . . . . .then a used set popped up from a breaker cheap as chips 😤. I just bought them (thinking I'll sell the new ones) along with a front strut brace and they arrived last week.

Haven't been bothered about the car really. Just want it MOT'd (due march) before I do anything.
So thought I'd tinker today, fit the bonnet struts at least. They didn't fit so fitted the new ones instead. Not sure what model they're off.

The strut brace was stinking so give it a polish with Autosol and wire wool. I'll paint the ends wrinkle red and fit it when I can be arsed. The intercooler and red manifold needs done badly so will do it all in one go.
20210123_153509.jpg
20210123_154143.jpg
20210123_155205.jpg

Attachments

• 20210123_153451.jpg
    20210123_153451.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 30

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Nice job on the strut brace, it really lifts it, I must do mine when it comes out of hibernation
I painted the one on my hatch looked well, wrinkle red on the ends and wrinkle black on the bar. Though the bar on it was flat and the colour scheme matched the car. Think I'll leave this bar polished.
They do sod all most likely but sure its something else to add some bling.
Disappointed on the update! I expected numerous snow drifting videos 😂

Brace looks well though 👍🏻
No sign of snow here, kinda wish I still had my usual weekend run to Larne where it snows more often.