Impreza STI widetrack.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Put the LED bulbs back in. Sidelights are super bright, headlights only because the halogen ones were so yellow. Good output and not totally yellow when looking at them, but from the drivers seat they are near the same colour as the street lights !
Fitted the front plate aswell. As cool as it looks without it, not worth the hassle with the police.
IMG_20210228_193459_368.jpg
IMG_20210228_193459_365.jpg

Bought a set of wide ramps and painted them up to match the rest of the garage stuff and did a bit of organising.
received_802783117338736.jpeg
received_422815992342911.jpeg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Replaced the heat wrap on the exhaust. Was awkward enough doing it with the exhaust fitted but would have been just as awkward to get the exhaust off. Also wish I'd have got more. I bought 15" (what I ,like an idiot, thought was 15meters) but soon realised its 15 feet. Google told me I'd need 30feet for my job so ordered another and luckily it arrived in the same delivery. It just did the job and no more. I'd have liked to overlap it more but hilariously after the 1st pack went on it had only covered 18in 😂. Took it off and was a bit more precise with my overlap (says 1/4" in the instructions) and just made it up to the turbo. I'll keep an eye on buying a turbo blanket, just a wee bit expensive for my liking.
IMG_20210306_200435_996.jpg
IMG_20210306_200436_032.jpg

IMG_20210306_200436_039.jpg
IMG_20210306_200436_046.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_200436_042.jpg
    IMG_20210306_200436_042.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 44

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Ramps were literally useless. Ended using bits of wood to make a ramp and even then I worried when it dropped down off them I'd still hit the bumper so binned that plan. My original idea was just to save me jacking the front of the car up in the garage (dont get much of a swing on it with the bar hitting the walls) , drive onto the ramps, jack up the last wee bit to get axle stands under. The rear is easy as can jack at the centre at the diff. But no, ramps were nowhere near. Not even on Mels s3 so it not because its lowered. My bro has the wee extension ramps but still no joy. If I've to start putting planks of wood down etc I'm not interested, too much hassle and difficult on my own with no one keeping an eye on it lining up etc. would result in front bumpers ripping off.

It just meant doing it the driveway where I've plenty of room, so will always be weather dependant and have to put boards under everything to save marking the driveway.

20210306_105048.jpg

20210306_113830.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
True. I only needed a set to allow access to jack the car up from under the engine. I have rather old set of steel ramps like the red ones you have but they are just too steep to use alone

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Same issue here. I’d to bodge a mini pre-ramp from old clip together floor laminate.

Now I just use the pre-ramp to let me low profile jack to fit under for car work lol.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Same issue here. I’d to bodge a mini pre-ramp from old clip together floor laminate.

Now I just use the pre-ramp to let me low profile jack to fit under for car work lol.
Yeah it's kinda annoying having to make ramps for ramps. May aswell just make one.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Finally got the car booked in with OMA for a few things and a general check over.
I'm amazed that although I waited ages for a slot he had the car ready in record time.
Timing belt and associated bits (it had too many years on it for my comfort)
Uprated clutch and lightened flywheel (wasnt slipping but had a high biting point and I knew this when buying) he said it was worn to the rivets pretty much so glad that's sorted.
Got all oils and filters replaced just so I know they're done and out of the way.
Spark plugs were checked and confirmed to be top brand and all good.
New battery (old one was leaking so replaced before acid damaged anything)
Undertray fixings had been butchered so they got tapped and replaced.
Suspension stripped and refitted with genuine bolts. (Had them fitted new elsewhere just to get me going and they'd replaced some rusty bolts with generic stuff in the meantime) and got alignment/geometry setup for "fast road use"

The main thing to me was he said its solid underneath. That was my only worry when I bought it. Theres a couple of places that commonly rust but he said mine are all solid but its advisable to remove them and get them treated before it's too late so that's next years plan. Will get the bits off and hopefully get the whole underneath sealed up too.
Said it's a quality exhaust (i already knew that) and it's the same as one he just ordered for a customer so happy with that also.
All in, all he said it's a good solid car and once those bits are treated it will last years.😅

I've a titanium strutbrace on the way, a turbo blanket on the shelf for months still to fit. I'll be refurbishing the intercooler and manifold soon so will do it all together.
IMG_20210708_222614_974.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Great attention to detail as usual with your cars. I assume this is a keeper?
I think so yeah. It ticks alot of boxes for what I need in a car. In an ideal world I'd have a GTR but for what I need it would be silly.
I'll just do the odd thing to this here and there and just enjoy something to get a blast in when I get the notion.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I've been flat out working weekends and decorating along with it but I booked this week off and finally got around to sorting the engine bay. Intercooler refurbished, turbo blanked fitted, STI flexi strutbrace (thanks to my spotter @Gambit)
Painted the turbo heat shield, intercooler brackets, battery clamps, rad brackets strut brace ends and manifold in VHT wrinkle paint.
20210821_132213.jpg
20210822_110015.jpg
20210821_175050.jpg
20210822_103348.jpg
20210821_132220.jpg
20210822_105217.jpg

Attachments

• 20210821_132241.jpg
    20210821_132241.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 34

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Hahaha never knew you could redo that STI graphic. Dunno why didn't think it's possible but it looks class redone!
Think that's my 4th one. 3 of my own and one for a mate. I say every time "I must buy a template" but always forget. The hardest part is transferring it over, the middle bits go all out of shape , hence the two random bits of tape across it when it was stuck to my garage door 😂