Impreza STI widetrack.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Fairly freshens it up under there, at least you can straighten the fins on the newage intercooler compared to the tinfoil ones on the hatches
Some of them were brittle enough. The whole thing was quite powdery, you know the way bare aluminium goes ?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Could I leave the forester down with you some week. The attention to detail and patience you have for doing all that..... couldn't do it myself.

I don't think there is anything that I've ever sprayed that doesn't have my fingerprint on it from me poking it going 'is it dry yet?" 15mins after painting it.

I've a jumbo cocktail stick that I try and sort the intercooler out with but it's just a rough go over to open the fins out a bit

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Could I leave the forester down with you some week. The attention to detail and patience you have for doing all that..... couldn't do it myself.

I don't think there is anything that I've ever sprayed that doesn't have my fingerprint on it from me poking it going 'is it dry yet?" 15mins after painting it.

I've a jumbo cocktail stick that I try and sort the intercooler out with but it's just a rough go over to open the fins out a bit
Had all that done over 2 days on and off. Could leave it rightly! There was alot of crap between the fins and I started using a cable tie from the back, but soon give that up. I'm patient but sod that.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Class work as always! The small things like battery bracket etc make such a difference
The battery was leaking, it near ate through one of the tie rod things ! Mechanic says if it went down the inner wing it would've caused a right mess which wouldve needed paint etc
Tweezers always better than the cocktail stick
I liked the idea of the cable tie from the back but couldn't see what I was doing ! It would clear any crap stuck in the fins at the same time.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Fitted an ht autos front splitter yesterday, was still in the box since black Friday sale but just couldn't be bothered. I see they embossed it with their Web address and "sti" but its hidden. Also took off the flexi strut brace, there's just something not right with it so Fitted the ebay special till I can be bothered to tinker with it.
Took the LED headlight bulbs out, one went faulty literally after a year and 2 days so never contacted seller. They're fiddly to fit so just back to crappy halogen.
20220101_152141.jpg
20220101_165822.jpg
20220101_165902.jpg

Last edited:

Gambit

RMS Regular
Splitter looks sweet. Fits perfectly with bumper lines. Need to get yourself a wee metal style sti badge for front of splitter like oe item

At least we proved, much to my loss :p , the flexi brace is for newage and not hatch just weird. Should maybe ask yer man Don on SN to see can he dig out fitment info on it

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Splitter looks sweet. Fits perfectly with bumper lines. Need to get yourself a wee metal style sti badge for front of splitter like oe item

At least we proved, much to my loss :p , the flexi brace is for newage and not hatch just weird. Should maybe ask yer man Don on SN to see can he dig out fitment info on it
It came with a badge, just not sure I like it.
The brace will be revisited some day. If I knew for sure it was off a different model I'd sell it, but the seller said it came off a newage he was breaking (if u can believe them)

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Unreal 😍

How do you rate the Chemworx stuff? I see it popping up quite a bit now.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Unreal 😍

How do you rate the Chemworx stuff? I see it popping up quite a bit now.
All good. Its the guy I sold my last car to when he was just starting up and give me a bottle of quick Detailer when dropping it off. It was actually great so I got some samples of other stuff and have bought a few bits from him. Shampoo, sealant spray, snow foam and prewash. All have been good.