Impreza STI widetrack.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Not much to add. Keep looking up stuff to buy that I've had on my previous Subaru's (hella horns, strut brace, bonnet struts) but keep bailing out as it's all too expensive for all they are.
Ordered proper centres from Revolution Motorsport and thankfully they came separate from the stickers as I think their logo is terrible (no offence). It looks like something you'd get on a set of wheel trims from Halfords.
20201113_145812.jpg
20201113_145807.jpg

I've 2 set of stickers ordered. 1x plain black with red STI
Screenshot_20201113-194309_eBay.jpg

and another set from China that I have no idea if they'll show up 😂
Screenshot_20201113-194354_eBay.jpg

I've tried to find bulbs that match the LED sidelights with not much success at all. It just seems the brighter they are, the more yellow they go.
These are the whitest I could get but they are only as bright on the road as the standard bulbs.
20201113_181241.jpg
20201113_181226.jpg

Was tempted to go LED till I read @Antoin thread 🤐😂🔥

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Painted over the budget branding of the wing stiffies. Got them fitted. Wasn't as easy as I thought, measured about 100 times and they still never looked straight (hard to do as there's no straight lines to measure off)
Got there in the end, found the middle and went from there. Easily took off if I fancy, screwed in to the top half and sticky tape to the bottom.
20201024_165509.jpg
20201114_154153.jpg
20201114_154714.jpg
20201114_172904.jpg

20201115_144035.jpg
20201115_144032.jpg

The car feels really quick (they've obviously added horsepower)

In all seriousness though the car feels so quick. Definitely quicker than the STI 330s. Could be the way its mapped (boost kicking in hard rather than progressive like the 330s) but in a way I prefer it. Love the feeling of the turbo coming in hard.
And I've been keeping it under 6.5k rpm till its mapped properly.

kennymcg

RMS Regular
Painted over the budget branding of the wing stiffies. Got them fitted. Wasn't as easy as I thought, measured about 100 times and they still never looked straight (hard to do as there's no straight lines to measure off)
Got there in the end, found the middle and went from there. Easily took off if I fancy, screwed in to the top half and sticky tape to the bottom.
View attachment 302136View attachment 302137View attachment 302139View attachment 302141
View attachment 302140View attachment 302138

The car feels really quick (they've obviously added horsepower)

In all seriousness though the car feels so quick. Definitely quicker than the STI 330s. Could be the way its mapped (boost kicking in hard rather than progressive like the 330s) but in a way I prefer it. Love the feeling of the turbo coming in hard.
And I've been keeping it under 6.5k rpm till its mapped properly.
Nice. What’s the story with the mats under the tyres? Is this OCD, being anal or a genuine reason for this?

• Haha
Reactions: Mel

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Nice. What’s the story with the mats under the tyres? Is this OCD, being anal or a genuine reason for this?
So I know where to park. Can feel it going over the wee bump and I can see when I'm in the optimum spot to allow access to the laundry room, and up the side of the car, and still room round the back to all our cleaning stuff/tools etc.
I can park up now without them really but they're still handy.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
When mapping Subarus do you need to fit new ecu ie link or something or can you map oe ecu.
You can also set the standard ecu up to have 2 maps that you can swap with a switch which is handy. 1 for general crusing around then a more aggressive one or some people have one for pops and bangs

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
You can also set the standard ecu up to have 2 maps that you can swap with a switch which is handy. 1 for general crusing around then a more aggressive one or some people have one for pops and bangs
@bludgod says just to go full aggressive + pops and bangs map and for general crusing just use your right foot less 😂

Gambit

RMS Regular
Still on fence with stiffys but at least they're easily removable

Its probably the fact it's a 2.0 so you'll get a bigger boot feeling from the turbo whereas the 330s was 2.5 so bit more torque till turbo kicked in - prob weighs a fair bit less also than 330s

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Still on fence with stiffys but at least they're easily removable

Its probably the fact it's a 2.0 so you'll get a bigger boot feeling from the turbo whereas the 330s was 2.5 so bit more torque till turbo kicked in - prob weighs a fair bit less also than 330s
Yeah I think 4 stiffies would be my preferred choice but as u say, they unscrew and that it back to standard. I was just bored😂.
And you're right about the weight difference as the blobeye has FA in it compared to the 330S. Must look that up actually.
I also remember getting the bugeye back from remap and being disappointed as it didn't feel quicker. But it was alot quicker in reality, it was just smoother power delivery.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
This thing is class. I love the way you just plug along constantly making improvements. Excellent work!
I get bored easily, and once I see something else I can be at I just do it. I've no interest in the mechanical side of things but I'll happily **** about with silly stuff.
I bought a set of Hella horns and they arrived yesterday. I find they rust very quickly in previous experience so they're currently sitting in the shed completely stripped down and painted 😂 I'll fit them at the weekend which will give me something to do.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Had a nightmare of a day. While fitting the Hella horns i broke the power steering cooling pipe. 😫
I've fitted two sets of these before, you just bend the pipe back slightly towards the radiator to make room for the horn behind the grill.

Not this time, split it.

Taped it up till I looked for a solution, realised when I looked closer you could just join the rubber pipes feeding it at the reservoir and bypass the hard pipe. Used a wee cutting of the solid pipe (it was already scrap) as the rubber hose wouldn't reach.
Just decided to rip the hard pipe out completely as I doubt it does much cooling anyway.
Horns themselves took 20mins as the grill pops off and wiring and bolting on is simple.
Turned into a half day job FFS.

IMG_20201121_180319_518.jpg
IMG_20201121_180319_520.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-181151_Instagram.jpg
IMG_20201121_180319_519.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
When the pipe bust did you curse?
Properly raging. Getting remap on Tuesday and thought great, been waiting for a break in lockdown and theres no way this'll be fixed for that. Any breakers are a fair auld jaunt too.
This is why I dont do anything mechanical. In the 330s I did something similarly stupid. Fitting and engine bay bolt kit, take old bolt out, put new one in. Simple? Nope. I took out a bloody air-con bolt and once I heard the gas escaping I tightened it back up. But I nicked the o-ring and all the gas drained. Had to get it regressed. Luckily @supermoto_77 helped me out that day.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Nice work your fairly turning it around. Is it already mapped? I had a blob Sti ppp years ago and it went pretty well at approx 300bhp. They did get a bit lardy as you say as they progressed. Think approx 1500kg for a 330s and about 1400kg for the blob, a noticeable jump from the likes of a classic RA at around 1200kg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Nice work your fairly turning it around. Is it already mapped? I had a blob Sti ppp years ago and it went pretty well at approx 300bhp. They did get a bit lardy as you say as they progressed. Think approx 1500kg for a 330s and about 1400kg for the blob, a noticeable jump from the likes of a classic RA at around 1200kg
I got it health checked and its overboosting. Feels awesome but that'll be why. Just need it tidied up and made safe and I've added the induction kit since.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve a link G4 sitting here for the RA to be mapped in spring By Jonny AI, going mafless which is wise on a V5/6 classic. Also have a few other bits to put in like 3 port boost solenoid and a FPR to get the most out of it. Already has the full decat prodrive and a walbro on it, I think that will do me lol....is it ever enough though 🤔

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I’ve a link G4 sitting here for the RA to be mapped in spring By Jonny AI, going mafless which is wise on a V5/6 classic. Also have a few other bits to put in like 3 port boost solenoid and a FPR to get the most out of it. Already has the full decat prodrive and a walbro on it, I think that will do me lol....is it ever enough though 🤔
Yeah mines decat and I've a uprated fuel pump. Was on the lookout for a 3 port boost solenoid but dont think I'll need it for what I need.