Impreza STI widetrack.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
A pair of cheap "copies" of the Perrin wing stabilizers popped up on my ebay suggestions. They're literally less than a third of the price. Took a punt to see what they're like (always wondered why no one had copied Perrin as they're basically bits of plastic) and they are fine !
As this video shows. . . .

I'll paint them satin black (as he did) to get rid of the no name branding. Wondering for all the price of them should I get more?
There's fixings for 5, 3, or 2.
20201024_165509.jpg
20201024_150158.jpg
20201024_150148.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
A pair of cheap "copies" of the Perrin wing stabilizers popped up on my ebay suggestions. They're literally less than a third of the price. Took a punt to see what they're like (always wondered why no one had copied Perrin as they're basically bits of plastic) and they are fine !
As this video shows. . . .

I'll paint them satin black (as he did) to get rid of the no name branding. Wondering for all the price of them should I get more?
There's fixings for 5, 3, or 2.
View attachment 299825View attachment 299826View attachment 299827

Personally I'm not a fan of them but if you like them then go for it!

This thread is making me want another Impreza 😬

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
4vlooks good on that black car. How many uprights did the WRC car have on its carbon wing?

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I love them tbh. Looks awesome.

2 or 4 for me. 5 looks a little OTT.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
WRC had 4 but mine has 5 fixing points. So it's either 1, 2, or 5. Wouldn't want to be drilling my own fixings to make the spacing look right.

Attachments

• 20201025_084645.jpg
    20201025_084645.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 57

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Had the car jacked up today, trying to find the source of an irritating sweak. It's a front right bush of som sort but can't pin it down to which bit.
Found that some of the metal cable ties for the heat wrapped exhaust had broke off so replaced them. Also found that the 2 front Michelin PS4 are needing replaced soon.
Am I best putting the new ones on the front or back ?

Cold start. Hayward and Scott full decat. #subaru #impreza #wrx #sti #prodrive #turbo

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
How worn are the other 2? On Imprezas I’ve always replaced all 4 when needed
Not bad, 2017 is the date on them so could probably do with replacing anyway.
I'd be inclined to get all 4 done aswell but I've just bought tyres for the Audi winter wheels while the good wheels go for a refurb, which I'd prefer getting new tyres for aswell.
3 sets of branded tyres at once will be fun 🤮

-Pete-

RMS Regular
new ones on the rear. nothing wrong with replacing just a pair. not everyone can afford to splurge 500 quid on new tyres in one go and there's no need to unless they're worn enough. Hardly going to change all 4 if only the fronts are worn.