Wanted: Industrial wooden cable reel/spool

Phil_D

RMS Regular
After some industrial wooden cable reel/spools. Anyone any idea where I can get them ?

Something like this

594F974B-8962-461F-8366-6D49D6396824.jpeg

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
What size? Might have a few next week from work. Will have been sitting outside though so damp but will likely dry out ok

That would be brilliant, really any size, ideally the larger ones 1/2m high 1m wide type.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
That would be brilliant, really any size, ideally the larger ones 1/2m high 1m wide type.
Def nothing that big. I was told they would be tidied next week and remaining cable removed. If it happens, i have first refusal so will let you know

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Try TES in Cookstown. They usually bin them, if you phone they may have 1. I got 1 last year (through work though).

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
engineering distributors down by the odyssey/ Sydenham road

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
The Yard Shop in Belfast always have these on their Instagram for sale!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
What size do you want and where are you?
Have you a trailer? I can give you a couple on Saturday night if you can come to Lisburn train station.

@Phil_D

the one that about a meter wide and 1/2m high.. What sort of time tonight ? will see if i can get a trailer

Boksic

RMS Regular
Probably between 10 and 11 ish I think.
I'm not sure what sizes are there as we've been using them flat out this couple of weeks but it's just whatever size reel the cable comes on there's one or two of these..

IMG_20200117_040920.jpg

Few bigger ones but they're very big

IMG_20200117_041021.jpg

There may be another size there but I can't remember using it. Let me know anyway

There's a couple of markings sprayed on the smaller ones but a light sand would remove it no bother