Insuring a lease car

Chris-91

RMS Regular
I have a tesla model 3 coming that the business is leasing, but I will be the driver. Has anyone any experience with this? When I quote as the finance company as the registered keeper and legal owner the cost doubles.

Any idea where I am going wrong?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Not sure, I'm on my 4th lease and I've never paid over the odds on any of the policies. Maybe it'll be a case of ringing and speaking to a real person in case its messing up the algorithm.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I have a tesla model 3 coming that the business is leasing, but I will be the driver. Has anyone any experience with this? When I quote as the finance company as the registered keeper and legal owner the cost doubles.

Any idea where I am going wrong?
Are you the only one on the policy? Did you specify that? They may believe being business that anyone can drive it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Not sure, I'm on my 4th lease and I've never paid over the odds on any of the policies. Maybe it'll be a case of ringing and speaking to a real person in case its messing up the algorithm.
Same on both my leases across 3-4 insurance companies. None cared.

davyk31

RMS Regular
My insurance was a bit higher for a leased car and they also removed the facility to drive other cars. This was with Admiral and guess the assumption is that a driver May be less careful with a leased car than one he owns.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I have a model 3 on lease and have it insured through PSA or Peugeot insurance with no issues.

pablo

RMS Moderator
My insurance was a bit higher for a leased car and they also removed the facility to drive other cars. This was with Admiral and guess the assumption is that a driver May be less careful with a leased car than one he owns.
I was with admiral there and there was no mention of that. Price was good too.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Don’t think my price was much higher but certainly the driving other cars was taken away and when I enquired why they said it was because the insured car was not owned by me.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Agree that really doesn’t make sense and I would have argued more but I have a second policy that lets me drive any car so it wasn’t an issue.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Mines insured through Direct Line, same circumstances. Try them.