Insuring two cars??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Skillie

Heres the plot, girlfriend wants a mint E30 maybe a 325i Sport but she hasn't yet passed her test will soon and even then she won't be able to insure it. Is it possible for me to insure both my car, her car and have her as the named driver so she can drive the 325?? Yes/No??

Skillie

OP
S
Thats why I'd be the main driver and she'd just be named as fully licensed second driver. Was told last week having her on my own policy would make it cheaper if she has a full license. Doesn't the 325i Sport come under modern classics now??

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf TDi
Skillie said:
Thats why I'd be the main driver and she'd just be named as fully licensed second driver. Was told last week having her on my own policy would make it cheaper if she has a full license. Doesn't the 325i Sport come under modern classics now??

only unless you are over 25 and also depends on the year of the car, some are 15yr olds i think, so pre 1989 cars will benefit from classic insurance

Skillie

OP
S
I'm 25 and the car would be around 89/90. Gonna be hers and she'll fork out for the insurance just I'll insure it under my name if poss and if i have to be the owner then i'll put my name down

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
a lot of places wont benefit u cos they'll ask if u have another policy then when u go to insure the second car they'll assume the 2nd driver is the main user and charge as much...jus check it out in her name and in ur's may not be much difference..

i tried it a few years back and there was no difference!!

Porter

RMS Regular
yeah juist chaek it out,

some companies look at the most at risk driver ansd base their quote on that,

that was the case when i was lookinh, so ended up just going un der my own name for the same price, and was able to start building up my no claims.

Skillie

OP
S
m00k said:
plus it may stop the risk to ur no claims :laughing:

That would be my main concern alright. May not be worth it these insurance companies tend to cover every angle the *******s!! I'll get a friend of mine to check it out. Would prob be happier than her if she got a 325, lets face it i'm not exactly rushin out the door to drive her yellow Ka at the mo!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.