Internal doors

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Has anyone a recommendation of where to go for new white oak internal doors? Currently refurbing a house and would like the be around the £100 mark. Mid ulster/north antrim area. need 12 they are 30inch doors. Ideally someone who can work better with the Johnny Cash

Something along these lines;

8C5ABDA7-ED28-487C-A478-2BEDD6C1A9EE.jpeg

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Also interested to see here if anyone
Local but have you check doorstoor Boucher? I priced doors in around 150

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Cottage Oak veneer LH & RH Internal Door, (H)2040mm (W)726mm | DIY at B&Q
89 quid Mike, FairPlay. Thing is you assume bnq is gonna be dear but even lastnight I got the full inside of a toilet cistern saver flush for 16 quid 🤣

I wasn't far off then!

Have thought that myself having priced a lot of household stuff up recently - they're actually pretty good value on most things, added to the fact they've most things on the shelf - plus if you know someone with a TradePoint account, there's potentially another 10% off

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I have a couple of tramps next door, they love slamming these things as a hobby. Would you be interested in taking theirs, by force if necessary of course.
Had a few like that myself in the old house only you’d need to take their floors and all 🤣

-Pete-

RMS Regular
just make sure youre comparing apples with apples. its easy to think youre getting a solid oak door versus a veneered oak door with thin oak skins front and back and just a cardboard core inside. if you're paying substanitally more for the 'same thing' chances are its isn't the same at all. Just check first before buying. very big difference in build and strength.
We got solid oak doors from ray grahams, around 150 a door but they're 100% oak and no cardboard core. worth the price imo. joiner also wasn't the biggest fan drilling them out for handles and locks :laughing:

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
just make sure youre comparing apples with apples. its easy to think youre getting a solid oak door versus a veneered oak door with thin oak skins front and back and just a cardboard core inside. if you're paying substanitally more for the 'same thing' chances are its isn't the same at all. Just check first before buying. very big difference in build and strength.
We got solid oak doors from ray grahams, around 150 a door but they're 100% oak and no cardboard core. worth the price imo. joiner also wasn't the biggest fan drilling them out for handles and locks :laughing:

I would have thought solid oak would be even dearer than that.
The doors around 100 a door will be oak veneer and a cheaper hardwood core.
Cranwood, mcmahons and JP corry all do a solid door with oak veneer for around 100. Depending on if you need glazing.

I think we got ours through mcmahons.
I wasn't far off then!

Have thought that myself having priced a lot of household stuff up recently - they're actually pretty good value on most things, added to the fact they've most things on the shelf - plus if you know someone with a TradePoint account, there's potentially another 10% off

They are nearly always cheaper on bags of cement, plaster etc. I'd say their buying power is what allows them to do it. Plus the builders merchants know that when jimmy builder is in for his timber etc that he isn't going to then head over to b and q for cement so they don't really compete.

johnjb

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo V50
Has anyone a recommendation of where to go for new white oak internal doors? Currently refurbing a house and would like the be around the £100 mark. Mid ulster/north antrim area. need 12 they are 30inch doors. Ideally someone who can work better with the Johnny Cash

Something along these lines;

View attachment 288916
Hi Try Haldene Fisher

-Pete-

RMS Regular
I would have thought solid oak would be even dearer than that.
The doors around 100 a door will be oak veneer and a cheaper hardwood core.
Cranwood, mcmahons and JP corry all do a solid door with oak veneer for around 100. Depending on if you need glazing.

I think we got ours through mcmahons.

They are nearly always cheaper on bags of cement, plaster etc. I'd say their buying power is what allows them to do it. Plus the builders merchants know that when jimmy builder is in for his timber etc that he isn't going to then head over to b and q for cement so they don't really compete.
you're going back 10 years now easily if not more for that pricing. the prices have been going up rapidly in recent years. Last boards of raw oak I got from mcregors in sydenham was near £40 a board from memory.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Door Gallery, Magherafelt.
Good quality 44mm and 54mm thick doors. Those B&Q doors are 40mm thick for comparison.

Last edited:

Loggie

RMS Regular
OP
Loggie
Drives
Sierra
Thanks everyone for the replies have got a few prices off the places mentioned!

I take it these are no use to anyone? 12 of them no damage. Free to collect in maghera before I dump tomorrow afternoon or Saturday

1980x762x35

9200E84C-D0B6-4BD5-8B20-3148D62D3C84.jpeg

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Just saw an advert on Facebook, a guy called Colin Allen. Doors and Floors NI. Ballymena direction. Dont know him or anything about him or his business but he’s got a “special offer” on atm he says. Thought about this thread when I saw the ad....

“palermo oak and Genoa oak doors available in all sizes only £90 each handle pack available £18 includes satin chrome handles 3 heavy duty hinges and door latch glass options available”

1596146558273.png

1596146639454.png
1596146683768.png

Last edited: