a-kem automotive

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Rite to save asking every time ,is there any chance one of you guys would take 2 mins to explain the dilution ratios for all the products .
Would be so good to know as it doesn’t give any ratios on products anymore .

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Rite to save asking every time ,is there any chance one of you guys would take 2 mins to explain the dilution ratios for all the products .
Would be so good to know as it doesn’t give any ratios on products anymore .
All new labels def should have dilution instructions, but I’ll list them all here.

PreClean - summer use 40:1

This means 40 parts water to 1 part chemical. Easiest way to work this out is take whatever size sprayer you’re using. Change the litres into millilitres by multiplying by 1000 and then dividing this number by 40. That’s how much Preclean you need.

A capful is around 20ml for measurement guidelines

Citraclean is similar, and comes in a really easy to measure bottle.

UltraFoam we want approx 100:1 on panel but most foam cannons are mixing at 20:1 so we want a fifth of this.
This is where the old 1” in the bottom of a foam cannon comes in.

Puro shampoo is a 25ml dose per bucket. Again the bottles are self measuring so couldn’t be easier.

Ultragloss is a 10:1 mix

Protective coatings are used as it. No need to dilute. This includes hydracoat. Remember when used through a foam cannon it’s going to be diluted at 20:1 anyway.

Purge isn’t diluted, nor is tarminator

davyk31

RMS Regular
I’m stupid but if Hydrocoat isn’t to be diluted then why would you use it through a foam cannon where it becomes diluted?
And is it just rinsed off, does it need to be with a pressure washer or can it just be rinsed with an open hose and filtered water as the final stage?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Apologies. I should have been more clear.

It’s intended to be used at a 20:1 dilution through your foam cannon. It doesn’t need further diluted.

As it ‘sticks’ to the paintwork I’d recommend removal with a pressure washer and if you wish to give it a final rinse with filtered water all the better

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Yes gents. Directly onto wet car, and can be diluted if being sprayed on
IMG_2417.jpeg

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
The wee green bit keeps sticking in my gun. If I tried to glue it in to the nozzle would it do any harm. The glue might not last long but it’s a pain at the moment trying to change attachments.
3051B754-1CA4-44DB-B263-505C21B20051.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm sure it's safe to do so, just not sure why you would? They kind of do the same job? More useful after a few weeks as a top-up, when the wax starts to fade?

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
When will hydracoat be back in stock?
Also, which ik sprayer will be best for articulate, citra clean and maybe ultra gloss. I have been using cheaper pump sprays from b&m etc and sick of them breaking on me. Lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When will hydracoat be back in stock?
Also, which ik sprayer will be best for articulate, citra clean and maybe ultra gloss. I have been using cheaper pump sprays from b&m etc and sick of them breaking on me. Lol

Any sprayer will be fine for those. I've used Hoselock ones for a long time now without issues, and also the normal black IK sprayer.

The only things that need the blue IK sprayer would be Cleanse and Lazer. They work fine in normal sprayers too for a while but especially Cleanse will melt the nozzle eventually unless it's the blue IK. Have even had it melt seams on cheap garden sprayers.