a-kem automotive

Martyn

RMS Regular
That’s a really good idea @Martyn and one I’ll definitely speak to the chemist about.

I’m sure as soon as I describe it to him he will know what you’re describing.

It’s pH neutral so neither acid nor alkaline!

as @svensktoppen describes it it’s a form of acid as a base. It’s actually called thioglycolic acid and it’s a really cool but geeky acid which doesn’t do much until it comes in contact with ferrous fallout and then it works it’s magic!

There are a few other carriers etc in it to make it do what it does without the stink but inherently because of the make up of it and how it works, attacking iron around the discs is always going to be an issue.

its one to leave with me and I’ll ask the question!

Thanks as always, and if anyone else can think of anything don’t ever be afraid to make the suggestion!

I am not expecting total eradication of the rust - I know that is impossible.

But if there is a reduction in the amount that would be brilliant.

I firmly believe if you could come up with something similar to what obsessed garage sell you would be onto a winner.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Fun fact, purge is awesome, but not nearly as effective diluted 😂😂😂

I tried it at around 1:1 and it hardly made a difference, strengthened to about 2:1 and it's working, but definitely think it's best to leave as it comes!

Instead of developing a usable and finite product, just patent disc bags or some crap like that which you can elasto strap around the disc to keep away any water which can be used each wash and not need replenished 🤔
I don't thujk it's meant to be diluted.....

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I don't thujk it's meant to be diluted.....

It's not, but I'd asked Ross if diluting it slightly for one of those garden sprayers would work, and he thought it was a good idea, purge in a sprayer might be, but not diluting it 😂

I imagined it would be fairly thick to be coming through the fine tip, but going to try it straight and see what the results are like.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The hand sprayer it comes in works fine for me, not much needed to do the wheels.
The issue isn't how "thick" it is. I believe it's finding a nozzle that doesn't react with Purge.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I use a cheap garden sprayer and mine has held up for a year of using it. I find using it in the sprayer uses lots less product too.

This was what I was thinking would happen, it's a fine mist so will provide more coverage with less product used, brilliant if the wheels are only lightly dirty. It's also all around an easier method of application from the sprayers

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I ended up not taking any pictures when I washed the car but everything was fantastic and easy to use. My cars black so not easy to get clean and stay clean but hybrid brought it up beautiful and seems to be helping keep it clean it probably helps I keep the car well waxed too. Even with ultra gloss I still need to dry the car to keep the water spots off. I'll have to buy a big yellow. My wheels need some purge too. I'll have to pop another order in when I run out of ultra gloss.

I never got me very excited about the car being nice and shiny. What did get me very excited was how easy lazer made it to clean my deep fat fryer. I only used a couple of capfuls with hot water and everything just melted off it made a horrible job a breeze. I had been putting it off a long time so it was stinking but my god lazer made it easy. Now I'm going off to feel depressed and ashamed about being old and more excited about shiny small kitchen appliances than a beautiful shiny car. I might have to clean my windows again tomorrow with clearview to cheer myself up.

Also started a new job recently and it's all anachem cleaning stuff there too. The commercial stuff is good too.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
this is what I use for purge-

I am not a fan of the sprayer it comes in, the above sprayers work well for me personally :grinning:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
this is what I use for purge-

I am not a fan of the sprayer it comes in, the above sprayers work well for me personally :grinning:
I’ve been trying all manner of sprayers recently including these from canyon - thumb sprayers which are supposed to reduce fatigue.
3634B2C6-D6EF-4184-8319-8262B85C4DDD.jpeg

It’s alright but I prefer the original it comes with.

I’ve also one of these on order from screwfix to try it out

I realise that the cost may be prohibitive for some but if it’s any good I’ll give an honest review and for anyone who uses it all the time it may be a good alternative.

As mentioned though, I don’t seem to have any issues with the regular red sprayers which it comes with

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I’ve been trying all manner of sprayers recently including these from canyon - thumb sprayers which are supposed to reduce fatigue.
View attachment 247970
It’s alright but I prefer the original it comes with.

I’ve also one of these on order from screwfix to try it out

I realise that the cost may be prohibitive for some but if it’s any good I’ll give an honest review and for anyone who uses it all the time it may be a good alternative.

As mentioned though, I don’t seem to have any issues with the regular red sprayers which it comes with

That foamer mightn't be great tbh Ross

My Mesto foamer came with these wee foam pads at the end within the nossle which when I tried using it for articulate basically made it drizzle out, with no pressure behind it, maybe a dud sprayer, but those 5L jobbies did the trick

I'm going to order one of these for purge, that way it's smaller so not as heavy when full and it probably will cover the wheels in no time.

femor 3L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer, Spray Bottle Yellow Sprayer Knapsack Spray Weed Killer Garden Amazon product ASIN B07MMBBLV7
Will let you know what it's like once I have an idea!

K55

RMS Regular
Latest order arrived today. Looking forward to trying this Lazer stuff around the wheel arches and engine bay.

Does Armstrong Beattie stock any trigger bottles Ross? Never even thought to buy one to use for Scent....

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't mind the current Purge sprayer either, works for me.

But it's not much of a mist to be honest, more just a narrow stream.

Fine for just doing the wheels though, that's all I do. Well, wheels, plus a bit on the "chrome" door mirror covers, and on the exhaust tips..

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Latest order arrived today. Looking forward to trying this Lazer stuff around the wheel arches and engine bay.

Does Armstrong Beattie stock any trigger bottles Ross? Never even thought to buy one to use for Scent....
Scent should have their own funky trigger spray heads dude? All black items?

It’s a whole new trigger design that I’m using to cut down single use plastic and it also atomises an even finer mist

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Scent should have their own funky trigger spray heads dude? All black items?

It’s a whole new trigger design that I’m using to cut down single use plastic and it also atomises an even finer mist
Yea mine last one didnt come with a black trigger had to use a white one from an old bottle

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What's the view on using Lazer on a carpet and potentially upholstery?!

I've used it on rugs no bother at all.

Should be fine on most upholstery. Usual disclaimer though! Try in a small corner out of the way first, just in case.

Especially with something awkward like unwaxed leather.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If you have Solapower then that's superb for general cleaning of carpet and upholstery, floors, etc. In the car or around the house.

Lazer would be more for spot cleaning of spills, stains, etc.

K55

RMS Regular
scent.jpg

That's how it came Ross.

Never worry, i'll call into Armstrong's and grab a bottle of Grape and use the head for both.