a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp might have been asked before but do you ever want the big bottles back? Seems a shame to bin them when they could be reused?
I’ve looked into it before and would certainly take back 25lt drums etc. as the pricing of them at the minute is going up each month. The 2lt and 5lt drums aren’t really worth it to be honest unfortunately
Funny you should ask, I was just wondering how to refill the Solapower 1l bottles, the ones with the handy measuring thing at the top?
unfortunately, when I add the bung in them, they can’t be removed.
If you want a product put into one of those bottles I’m happy to do it for you (or anyone) if you swing by my place any day
Ooooh, didn't realise Cleanse was live - heading to the site now 😅
It’s not photographed yet but I’ll add the link on here for RMS members for early access

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Lazer working it's magic on a 35 year old tool kit 👍

PhotoGrid_1604523806455.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Got a chance today to try the new trim restorer from @Big Pimp and I am thoroughly impressed. My mother in laws Mini was suffering from the usual whiting up of the plastic trims and seems like they were burned by some kind of strong chemical.

I told her I'd clean her car for her and used it as the perfect test subject. Car was washed, iron fallout, tar and glue remover, dried then IPA wiped the plastics before application. I used a m/f applicator pad and a generic m/f cloth to buff it off. I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking,

20201107_124654.jpg

20201107_125607.jpg

IMG_2020-11-07_17-23-37.JPG

IMG_2020-11-07_17-24-22.JPG

IMG_2020-11-07_17-25-03.JPG

IMG_2020-11-07_17-25-25.JPG

As you can see, it was pulled to the bumpers, side skirts, wheel arches and scuttle panel and I doubt I've used any more than 4 or 5mls,

20201107_182647.jpg

A fantastic addition to the Anachem range and a credit to you Ross 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Trust me, it's worth waiting for (y)

Make sure the surface to be treated is completely clean - no dirt, no grease or residuals from previous treatments, and free from any rub marks, etc.

Then work away. It goes a loooong way that wee bottle.

Zach57

RMS Regular
Trust me, it's worth waiting for (y)

Make sure the surface to be treated is completely clean - no dirt, no grease or residuals from previous treatments, and free from any rub marks, etc.

Then work away. It goes a loooong way that wee bottle.
What do you use for cleaning the trims beforehand ?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Guys, I really appreciate everyone’s patience with this.

I let down @Reno_LV today but I’m dropping round everything for him to photograph tomorrow and I’ll have everything on the site for as soon as possible
Lots of known brands will do a panel wipe, GTechniq PW, CarPro Eraser, Angel Wax Stripped Ease, Gyeon Prep or an Isopropyl Alcohol equivalent.
Would it be worth me offering IPA in, say, 500ml bottles?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What do you use for cleaning the trims beforehand ?

Any general cleaning product as above.

Or Lazer ;) Spray on and wipe off with a sponge cloth or similar. Repeat until the cloth comes off clean. A couple of times should be enough. Then rinse.

If there are large rub marks then go over them lightly with fine wire wool or similar, just to open it up a bit and get a uniform surface.

This applies to any comparable product as well, like G-Techiq C4. These products go into the plastic itself, they don't just sit on the surface. So they need to be applied directly to the plastic with nothing in between if that makes sense.

It's magic :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

It really just depends. You have so many products already :innocent: It's awesome because there is something for everyone, but might get confusing as well when to use what, and what for.

It's always handy to have some iso-propyl alcohol around. I have some I got off Ebay. Can't say I use an awful lot of it.

It's great for when you really want to strip off any greasy dirt, finger prints, silicon/wax type products, etc. Without leaving anything behind.

Like cleaning glasses, or cleaning a surface before applying stickers, etc. Or indeed stripping any previous surface treatment off plastic trim before applying a "proper" restorer.

A solvent like Tarminator can leave a film behind for example.

Lazer does the same job without leaving anything behind but needs rinsing and drying. (Try Lazer on glasses, rinsed under hot water - magic!).

But that's just me.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Guys, I really appreciate everyone’s patience with this.

I think it's a good call. If you can do that as a Trim Restore Kit, it'd be perfect and complete and will also showcase the best of the product, rather than people coming back and say it isnt working as good after applying it over autoglym gel or similar.

2 stage kit, Prep IPA, Trim Restore.. maybe even an application pad 👍

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Gareth - how much IPA did you use to wipe down.
those bottles are 50ml, which is more than enough for the trim restore but doubt it would be enough for the IPA wipe down.

I can get 100ml bottles or maybe 250ml. I think 500ml would be far too much.
But yes, IPA, trim restore and a yellow foam applicator pad could be a great idea

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
@Gareth - how much IPA did you use to wipe down.
those bottles are 50ml, which is more than enough for the trim restore but doubt it would be enough for the IPA wipe down.

But yes, IPA, trim restore and a yellow foam applicator pad could be a great idea

Very, very little. I used Angel Wax Stripped Ease. 2 sprays onto the cloth, and then 1 spray per 10cm (roughly, as that's about how wide the spray from the nozzle was)

If you want as much IPA as there is in the contents of the restorer, I'd say 250mls is more than enough and that is if you are applying the IPA liberally.

Bronk

RMS Regular
Got the opportunity to try out anachems new citrus cleaner that is due out soon.

All i can say is 🔥🔥🔥

With my car having a ceramic coating i thought the water behavior couldn't get any more epic ..how wrong was i 😍

Only thing i changed was i sprayed citrus cleaner on before washing it but the difference is unreal.. a must for anyone who has a ceramic coating 👌

Attachments

• 20201108_161500.jpg
    20201108_161500.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 39

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Did you use it just for the wheels, or the whole car?

I was thinking about using it on the dirty car as well this time of year. To get the winter grime off. Have used Lazer mixed into Articulate for that in the winter months, but could be worth trying Cleanse...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

250ml would probably be plenty for most. Whenever I use IPA it's always small amounts, assuming the area has already been cleaned in the usual way. It's really just to get anything the normal cleaning process won't lift.

Also it evaporates very quickly so best in small amounts at a time.

Bronk

RMS Regular
Did you use it just for the wheels, or the whole car?

I was thinking about using it on the dirty car as well this time of year. To get the winter grime off. Have used Lazer mixed into Articulate for that in the winter months, but could be worth trying Cleanse...

i sprayed the hose on the car, then Sprayed the citrus cleaner on over the panels and then powered washed it off followed by snow foam etc 😎

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
and for anyone wondering, this was used approx 20ml into a 750ml spray bottle which is just less than 40:1 so another strong product where a little is going to go a long long way.

This will be sold probably in my 1lt squeeze bottles (like Gleam) to ensure accurate dosing control