a-kem automotive

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Getting sneakier with the Haribo placement, ordered this back on Black Friday and only getting round to opening the cloths now - thought you’d just forgot 🙈😂

9FBB9AF5-D4F5-4643-AC5C-9094A8433B92.jpeg

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
@Big Pimp have you anything that would remove paint from bricks? Previous owner painted rugby posts on the side of the garage.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I love cleanse

Heed to try ultra gloss

Also realised i was low on hyrbid. Heartbroken!!!

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
@Big Pimp would sell anything to remove a stain from polished porcelain tiles, a bag of potatoes was set on the kitchen floor and must have been wet and dye has stained the tiles.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In that cases there might be a chance it's just sitting on the surface of the glaze rather than gone into the stone itself. Is it ink from the bag that has transferred?

If it's soaked into the stone then it's harder.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
My blue drying towel could do with a wash. What do I do with it? I read somewhere a non bio wash is best?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
My blue drying towel could do with a wash. What do I do with it? I read somewhere a non bio wash is best?

Liquid cleaners rather than powder too. The powder gets caught in the microfiber and can increase the swirl marks.

There are specific microfiber cleaners available.... Though really do try to avoid washing it if possible, will a good sinse under some warm water not help?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I wash mine as normal, they do get greasy.

Or hand wash in warm water and plain soap if you prefer, that won't harm anything. Keeps them nice and clean, and shouldn't lose any of the "fluffiness". Just rince well in warm water.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
How's the GTI going buddy?

Fantastic Nick! :grinning: Done about 4500 miles so far and it just does everything so well, not a single complaint. Yourself and the previous owner definitely took good care of it. Havent done anything to it yet, just dailying and trying to keep it clean as best I can. But planning on getting Michelin PS4 or Goodyear F1 tyres before it's first MOT in March and maybe a fresh set of discs and pads. Picked up a voucher for PMG on black friday so hopefully get it ceramic coated before the summer and then future plans would be a Rieger front splitter and possibly an R600 intake with Revo stage 1 if i'm craving a bit of extra power, although it's already got more than enough for the daily commute so will see how i get on in a year or two.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Excellent, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I looked at a good few before I went for that one.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Fantastic Nick! :grinning: Done about 4500 miles so far and it just does everything so well, not a single complaint. Yourself and the previous owner definitely took good care of it. Havent done anything to it yet, just dailying and trying to keep it clean as best I can. But planning on getting Michelin PS4 or Goodyear F1 tyres before it's first MOT in March and maybe a fresh set of discs and pads. Picked up a voucher for PMG on black friday so hopefully get it ceramic coated before the summer and then future plans would be a Rieger front splitter and possibly an R600 intake with Revo stage 1 if i'm craving a bit of extra power, although it's already got more than enough for the daily commute so will see how i get on in a year or two.
If you care, my old neighbour had this car for a while in England. He was a sales exec and I got a run in it. Weird when it appeared on RMS 😁

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
If you care, my old neighbour had this car for a while in England. He was a sales exec and I got a run in it. Weird when it appeared on RMS 😁

Yeah i remember seeing your comment in Nick's old thread, small world 😁 It's nice knowing the history of the car, where it's been, and who's looked after it. Hopefully it will stay on RMS whenever it's time for me to sell

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Gave Cleanse a go today. Went 50:50 ratio with it. My wheels/tyres are usually quite clean. Even at that ratio, it was able to pull out the dirt in the tyres and wheels.

Sprayed on, covered the car in Ultrafoam, left to dwel for an minute or 2, agitated with Vikan wheel brushes, hosed of and air dried. I was impressed by what dirt was removed from a lightly soiled rim,

Before,
20210110_130620.jpg

During,
20210110_131208.jpg

Agitated, (notice the dirt and grime on the ground)
20210110_131338.jpg

After,
20210110_143548.jpg