a-kem automotive

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Anyone pics or 50/50 of utrasheen Vs ultraslick? I kind of like the idea if less glossy dressing sometimes

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
I have discontinued UltraSheen, as UltraSlick (the glossier finish) outsold the satin one approx 9:1
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Any in stock?
9D1ACBA9-EDA3-465E-850C-91423122C257.jpeg
Trim on Carbon is brilliant.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Edit. It’s still easy for me to run a batch if people still want it?
Obviously don't run a batch just for me, lol :joy: They last forever, so little is needed.

But yes please! Personally I use Ultrasheen on the higher side wall smaller tyres, and Ultraslick on the low profile larger tyres.

Slick just feels like too much on the former, and sheen like too little on the latter, lol.

If I had to pick just one it would be Sheen for me, but get that most probably go for the glossy one

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You won't look back. Used Meg myself for years before trying Ultrasheen.

Trick is to not use too much. Spray a little on a sponge, a cheap kitchen sponge will do, no need for anything fancy.

Then use that to wipe the tyre. You'll be surprised how little you need.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182

Trick is to not use too much. Spray a little on a sponge, a cheap kitchen sponge will do, no need for anything fancy.

Current method is to apply megs with the applicator thing then have a sort of dedicated microfiber that is doses in the stuff to wipe it down a bit. Gives me a nice enough finish but could be better

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Using a serious amount of ultraslick on the X5, 20s take some amount of dressing. Need to order more 🤦‍♂️

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just too large to keep in the cars. The "six pack" was perfect.

See if I can get hold of some empty 1l bottles I could use. Bit of recycling is all the rage now anyway I suppose, and not a bad thing in fairness.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Using a serious amount of ultraslick on the X5, 20s take some amount of dressing. Need to order more 🤦‍♂️
Yes, "slick" needs a little more, another reason I prefer the satin one, lol 😅

They're actually quite different products. The "sheen" kind of goes into the rubber itself and rejuvenates from the inside. The "slick" is more like paint on top. Some say they get "fling" with "slick", but it's usually from using too much. Or at least too much in one go.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I used one of the little applicator sponges like you would use for polish. Find it a great job and pretty much mess free.